Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 940 Tactical

My experience with an early production 930 is what prompted me to swear I would never ever ever buy another Mossberg.

So, please, let this suck - because I don't want to break that vow.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My experience with an early production 930 is what prompted me to swear I would never ever ever buy another Mossberg.

So, please, let this suck - because I don't want to break that vow.
    Everyone who has done a review so far used pre-production samples. Normal production guns just hit the shelves. Maybe someone will actually review a production gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    Everyone who has done a review so far used pre-production samples. Normal production guns just hit the shelves. Maybe someone will actually review a production gun.
    I look forward to that. Keep fingers crossed.

I handled one of these the other day at a local dealer. The only thing on it, other than adding the optic, that I would immediately change would be the safety. I'd go with a steel button and detent.

Two things surprised me:

-The trigger on this model is outstanding. I have a 590A1 that has a trigger so heavy that sometimes I find myself checking to make sure the safety is off.

-The stock specs are longer than I would like, but it actually felt really good.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I got ahold of one of these recently. Initial impressions are promising. I haven't gotten it to the range yet, so any thought has to be prefaced by "if it runs." That being said, Steve Fisher has been playing with them and has a lot of good things to say.

My initial reaction... like most semis, the assembly goes into the stock so no SGA adapters. Thankfully, the stock comes with removable spacers and 2 recoil pads, so LOP can get down to 12.5" The safety location is always loved... I need to see if the Vang Comp safety works on it, because it'll be a nice upgrade. The milling for optics is smart. It still has a drilled and tapped receiver for other options.

It comes standard with a large, knurled charging handle and a nice sized bolt release. The follower is nice and high vis, but it's really long. I was able to squeeze an extra round in the tube by going to a shorter follower. The loading port is opened up and can be twins loaded pretty easily out of the box (I've taken some edges off of my 1301s and I still can't twins load well with any of them). It obviously comes with a tube extension and is threaded for chokes.

I really hope these prove to be reliable, because it's one of the best set up shotguns I've seen out of the box, and the price is definitely right.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    I got ahold of one of these recently. Initial impressions are promising. I haven't gotten it to the range yet, so any thought has to be prefaced by "if it runs." That being said, Steve Fisher has been playing with them and has a lot of good things to say.

My initial reaction... like most semis, the assembly goes into the stock so no SGA adapters. Thankfully, the stock comes with removable spacers and 2 recoil pads, so LOP can get down to 12.5" The safety location is always loved... I need to see if the Vang Comp safety works on it, because it'll be a nice upgrade. The milling for optics is smart. It still has a drilled and tapped receiver for other options.

It comes standard with a large, knurled charging handle and a nice sized bolt release. The follower is nice and high vis, but it's really long. I was able to squeeze an extra round in the tube by going to a shorter follower. The loading port is opened up and can be twins loaded pretty easily out of the box (I've taken some edges off of my 1301s and I still can't twins load well with any of them). It obviously comes with a tube extension and is threaded for chokes.

I really hope these prove to be reliable, because it's one of the best set up shotguns I've seen out of the box, and the price is definitely right.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    So if it runs, how long until we see some genius Aridus products for it?

I have a 940 and an A400. As far as rolling empty cases on the ground, I would say they are both great shotguns.

Just Got One

Just picked one of these up at KYGUNCO for $850. Haven't taken it to the range yet but love the look and feel so far. We'll see, but EVERY review I've seen on this says it' A++.

I'll keep you all posted.

Post RMSc to RMR Adapter

Haven't taken it to the range yet but I was able to find an adapter for my Swampfox Justice. I did not want to drop $295 for a Holosun 507K since I already had an extra Swampfox Justice laying around and I like the larger 1 x 27 window. The Liberty/Justice series is an RMR footprint but the 940 is cut for RMSc sights. I was able to find a RMSc to RMR adapter at SAS Tactical for $90 instead. As you can see in the pics, it sits slightly higher but not by much - only about 3/8" or so. Also, the black of the adapter is more of a lighter matte black so at some point I'll probably take it to my Cerakote guy and have him match it up to the 940 black.

Please note that the screws that come with the adapter will NOT work on the 940! To mount the adapter to the shotgun you will need Hex Socket Flat Head Screws M3 x .50 @ 10mm but M3 x .50 @ 8mm should also work. If you go higher than 10mm you can see the screws poke out of the drilled holes inside the chamber and it prevents the bolt from being charged all the way back. Since it was metal on metal, I used Blue Loctite and 20-25lb of torque to tighten the adapter to the 940. To mount the sight to the adapter, the holes are threaded for 6-32 so for the Justice I used 6-32x 0.551" @ 14mm screws as I also had the Swampfox Ironsides Shield to go thru as well. Your length will vary, of course. I also used Blue Loctite and only used 15lb of torque to tighten down the sight.

Here are the links for the products:

RMSc to RMR Adapter: https://www.sastacticalcustoms.com/p...39497013887059

M3 Flat Head Screw Set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073J4CRZV

Blue Loctite: https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Heavy...df_B000I1RSNS/

Swampfox Gives Active Duty Military, Veterans and Police a 30% Discount on all products at all times! FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS HERE. Do this BEFORE you buy anything.

Swampfox Justice: https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/liberty-justice

Swampfox Ironsides Shield: https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/ironsides-shield-justice

Pics: (Yes, I do see the thumbprint on the lens too )

Name:  Full.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  35.6 KB Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  25.4 KB Name:  Back.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  26.4 KB Name:  Left.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  32.0 KB Name:  Right.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  24.2 KB
    Last edited by SiperTed; 11-04-2022 at 09:04 PM.

Name:  EC4BD989-01CB-4D21-A2AC-E8476A3F506C.jpeg
Views: 619
Size:  63.0 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List