Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mossberg 940 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Did it have trouble with unfired rounds? I've certainly seen it before with fired rounds, (Mossys and cheap 870's) after the hull has expanded. This occurs with loaded unfired rounds.

Which can be a bit sweat inducing.
    Seems mostly was fired shells that I recall

Sold for more than I paid during vid

Got 1301 never looked back

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Thanks, it really doesn't make sense to me. It manually cycles an a-zoom snap cap fine. As another, possibly irrelevant test, I've removed the barrel and dropped a loaded shell into the chamber, and it falls out fine. I haven't whacked it into the chamber though, so that may be the flaw in that test.

Anyway, I do have a label, and I will be getting it back to Texas.
    Any updates on this?

Site Supporter
    Mossberg was prompt in sending a prepaid shipping label and I shipped it to them. There was a bit of a delay in me getting it boxed up, finding time to arrange pickup, etc.

Mosssberg did acknowledge receipt the next business day after it arrived, so I don't have any concerns about customer service. They did say it could be about 6-8 weeks, so, hopefully, I will know more by the end of the month.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Any updates on this?
    Mossberg put a new barrel assembly on it and shipped it back, and I received it today. Only a three week turnaround at their factory, so I don't have any complaints there at all.

They noted the original had a bad gas cylinder. The shipping label indicates they put 8 rounds of buck, 8 rounds of 2 3/4 field loads and 14 rounds of 3 inch field loads through.

I'll test it hopefully soon. The issue that I was having was manually cycling a loaded round, but I will check that at the shooting range. No issue with cycling an aluminum a-zoom snap cap, but it didn't have that problem before, either.

I hope it runs well-- my point in posting all the above was not to bad mouth it. It did seem like an odd issue.

Site Supporter
    I took the 940 out today with the replacement barrel, and it manually cycled/press checked rounds just fine.

With the original barrel I needed to smack the charging handle to get it unloaded or press check. Preferably with a mallet, as my hand was sore for about two weeks afterwards. Now it is easy.

I ran 56 rounds through. No issues with the below ammo. The lightweight 1145 fps estate stuff (not pictured) didn't want to cycle, but that's not an issue.

Name:  IMG_0899.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  96.2 KB

User Tag List