Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 940 Tactical

Mossberg 940 Tactical

Mossberg has a tactical version of the 940 out that looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I am a die hard Mossberg fan. Their semi's are meh.

Another TFB video. The Mossberg rep says the LOP only goes down to 13" which is still a little long IMO. I'm a big dude and I still like my shotguns to be about 12.5". I would like to see the LOP be 12" or less on the low end. It would also be nice if the handguard itself had MLOK on it. I'm still watching with interest though.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I've never cared much for Mosberg. My buddy has a 930 and it feels like every other Mosberg I've ever handled. His 930 doesn't work very well either. I'm sure the 940 won't feel any different but on paper it seems to have a lot going for it. Hopefully other shotgun manufacturers take notice and start milling their receivers for RDS too.

Interesting, but I'll wait until the beta testing is complete...
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I've been hoping for Mossberg to solve the riddle of semiauto's for quite a while, Once they do, I'm buying.
    We'll know before long how these work out.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Interesting, but I'll wait until the beta testing is complete...
    Bummer, I really thought I wanted a 930 with all the bells & whistles. I guess it will be a Beretta, then.

I really should change my sig line to "Uncompensated Professional SIG beta tester."
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

I had a 930 tactical. It was not reliable. I tried to make it work. I got rid of it quickly.

Now this 940 looks very interesting! I hope it turns out to be as good as it appears. I love that optic cut out! I have a1301 and an M4. I don’t need another semi auto, but if I did I’d be eyeballing this 940 pretty closely.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I love the quiet admission that the 930 sucked while stating that the 940 doesn't need to be cleaned as often.

"You have to clean it less!"

My dudes, the 930's I saw in class were not paperweights because they had been shot too much without cleaning. They didn't work long enough to get dirty.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I love the quiet admission that the 930 sucked while stating that the 940 doesn't need to be cleaned as often.

"You have to clean it less!"

My dudes, the 930's I saw in class were not paperweights because they had been shot too much without cleaning. They didn't work long enough to get dirty.
    That was the case with my 930. I was really disappointed. I’m not sure if I ever made it through a magazine without a failure. Again, I hope they got it right with this 940. It sure looks good.

User Tag List