Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: China Eastern 737 crash

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    We’ll see what the FDR and CVR recorded.

Maybe. They’ll probably be state secrets.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    We’ll see what the FDR and CVR recorded.

Maybe. They’ll probably be state secrets.
    Aren't Boeing obliged to investigate alongside any state accident investigation?

The 737 Max debacle did enough damage, they'll want to show this was not a problem with the plane. I think there are a lot of 737-800s in service. If it's a problem with the plane and they ground them just as commercial aviation is getting back on it's feet after COVID it'll be a shit storm.

I would also ask if anyone powerful or influential was on board.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I would also ask if anyone powerful or influential was on board.
    This is what I was thinking..with Ukraine and all other hell popping off (India firing missile into Pakistan)...

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Aren't Boeing obliged to investigate alongside any state accident investigation?

The 737 Max debacle did enough damage, they'll want to show this was not a problem with the plane. I think there are a lot of 737-800s in service. If it's a problem with the plane and they ground them just as commercial aviation is getting back on it's feet after COVID it'll be a shit storm.
    Not sure if they are required by law or not, but they are requested by the NTSB to take part in the technical investigation. In china who knows…

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’ve read several plausible ideas knowing how the mindset works over there.

Lets wait for the CVR and DFDR data. It’s a -800 so it’s wired up pretty well with sensors.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will participate in the investigation of the crash of a China Eastern Airlines Boeing 737-800.

“The NTSB has appointed a senior air safety investigator as a US accredited representative to the investigation of the March 21, 2022, crash of a China Eastern Airlines Boeing 737-800 near Wuzhou, China,” the US body said on 21 March. “Representatives from Boeing, CFM International and the Federal Aviation Administration will serve as technical advisers.”

From flightglobal.com/safety

A friend sent me this:

Name:  ECBFC424-EE03-4183-9CC0-6FDF0AD2C7E8.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  161159E2-4478-48C8-B238-523A4D5AAD99.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  46.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Where are our aero engineers? Look at the wing pieces between 1:30 and 1:45 in this video. There are circular "cuts" in the aluminum. Is that how aluminum looks after it burns? It doesn't appear to be a place where there are seams to fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6V1REUb2o

User Tag List