Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: China Eastern 737 crash

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've seen a few burned cars in my time. At the resolution of the video, I'm not troubled by it. It will be obvious whether it was cut/burned/oxidized/thermally effected to even a lay person at hands-on distance. With western investigators involved, I'm sure competent professionals will see it.

One thing a lot of people don't realize is that aluminum actually participates in the fire if it's hot enough. It doesn't just get all charred and ashy, it goes up in smoke and simply isn't there anymore.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A friend sent me this:
    Sad news on this one and I cannot speculate on what happened.

#1 - These modern commercial aircraft are designed to have very low drag in cruise configuration. AKA they are slippery so they get very good "mileage" on the fuel they burn.

Yes, basic stability would state these aircraft want to return to trim BUT because they will accelerate so quickly with extreme nose low attitudes, if the crew doesn't actively recover then it might be too late to do anything about it.

A 737-800 will stall just like your Cessna and will be a non-event until the recovery. If the crew does not recover quickly, the airspeed will build and you will require a good amount of G to pull out of the dive. When we stall 737s the risk is not something going wrong during the stall, even a deep stall, but the recovery is where we over-G (and can over stress things, even when staying under the G limit). I am trying to remember but a nominal good recovery was like 1.8 - 2.0 G. Our 737 pilots can sound off but I assume/hope they are practicing departure, cruise, and go-around stall recoveries. Should be a fun ride in a Level D. In real life, not fun. I don't know if a stall was what started this event.

#3 - It has dual-flight control computers. It is NOT fly-by-wire. I am curious about an FCC failure and will try to research. I will say the 737 is the last of the cable/pulley big commercial aircraft. You can muscle it if you had to with 2 pilots splitting duties. This would not be fun but I don't think #3 was an issue for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I would also ask if anyone powerful or influential was on board.
    That was my thought.

If I was an investigator I would be doing a background investigation on the people and finding out what I could. Were they on their way to a meeting, going to sign papers, due to inherit ABC, sat on a board, influenced what policies, had the ability to sway votes on XYZ. Power, and losing or gaining it is a serious motivation, and people will commit any number of` atrocities to achieve their objectives.

Flight data recorder found.
    —————-
    Firefighters taking part in the search found the flight data recorder on a mountain slope about 40 meters (130 feet) from the point of impact and 1.5 meters (5 feet) underground, state media said. Experts confirmed it was the second black box. The impact of the crash created a 20-meter- (65-foot-) deep pit in the side of the mountain and scattered debris widely.

The cockpit voice recorder, also an orange cylinder, was found two days later on Wednesday. It has been sent to a Beijing lab for examination and analysis, and the flight data recorder was also being sent to the Chinese capital for decoding.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/27/10890...lack-box-found

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    There’s 13 pages of discussion over at Pprune.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Preliminary analysis, crash was intentional

Site Supporter
    I can imagine being in a dark enough place to do harm to myself or to some person who caused me grief, but, I do not possess sufficient imagination to even contemplate taking >100 innocent souls with me when I take myself out. If there is a hell, that guy is certainly there now.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    There are entire journals on suicidal behavior. Determining who has that tendency is a horror show for prediction. You do have pre-action utterances. Do you take them seriously, do you mandate therapy? The problem is that job loss if you go to therapy prevents folks from doing that.

There are some warning signs you can find online.

User Tag List