Thread: 5 draw Hat Qual

5 draw Hat Qual

Since dotw is dead and the season is starting again for those who don't shoot in winter - I wanted to make some drill posts for those who like to participate. First is a Defoor hat qual variant. Same times as the standard (15 second aggregate for dot guns, 20 second aggregate for irons) but broken down to five draws of two shots each, the standard being 90 or better on a b8 per normal hat qual standard.

5 draw hat qual

distance 25 yards

draw and fire two rounds at a b8 repair center with a par time of 3 seconds per string for dot guns or 4 seconds per string for iron sights. Repeat 4 more times(if you make par your agg will be at or under the standard of 15 seconds or 20 seconds respectively). 90 or better to pass.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

First attempt today and my timer died just prior so I had to use a phone app. It didn't pick up my shots every time but I finished before the beep 4/5 strings so I'll call it 1 ot string.

m2.0c/direct milled 509t
    phlster enigma/jmck enigma shell
    hoodie/tshirt for concealment

1 string ot, 4 under par.

82/100

Name:  20220320_141935.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  22.9 KB

I didn't meet the time or point standard. My first string was OT and I also dropped a shot off the b8. First live practice since Nov. 509t held zero through winter dry practice and carry. I'll run it regularly as I like it quite a bit as a standard to work toward and maintain. Solid combination of accuracy/speed for the distance. Shoot it and let me hear your thoughts!
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List