Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canik Rival

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Face it, in our life times, no semi auto pistol is likely to be a Glock killer. There is such an established Glock ecosystem, Glock will be [U]the[/U] or at least a dominant choice for decades to come.

What the Canik Rival is, is a $650 pistol that you can compete with out of the box with excellent accuracy, an excellent trigger, excellent magazines, a very good magwell, excellent iron sights, an excellent optic mounting system, and excellent reliability and durability, that can be shot at a high level. I am thinking of shooting Production with one.
    I agree.

We are very quickly entering into the age where the Glock is far from the only reliable pistol. There are simply so many damn reliable options these days.

When I talk to new shooters these days and they ask me about what pistol they should get I have to basically use two hands for all of the good suggestions I can make for them. Back in the day it was essentially two pistols, the Glock or the M&P for a modern striker fired polymer pistol.

Out at matches last weekend, a number of strong local shooters are switching to the Rival. Others are starting with them, but a scarcity of Canik MecGar mags right now is an obstacle.

Tony at JM is getting set up to make holsters (range and concealment).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interview with Nils.

Anybody run one of these newer Rivals extensively yet? I am starting to see a lot of them for sale, and the 18 round magazines appear to be in stock now. Not seeing a JMCK OWB available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Anybody run one of these newer Rivals extensively yet? I am starting to see a lot of them for sale, and the 18 round magazines appear to be in stock now. Not seeing a JMCK OWB available yet.
    Bunch of guys shooting CO with them in AZ. They have been running well and are an incredible value. Nils did well.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bunch of guys shooting CO
    Thanks, that is a solid testimonial considering how intense the sport is out there, so for CO I am guessing they use some sort of mag extension to get to 140mm and maybe 23 rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Thanks, that is a solid testimonial considering how intense the sport is out there, so for CO I am guessing they use some sort of mag extension to get to 140mm and maybe 23 rounds?
    yes and yes, Taylor Freelance.

Stock gun, with a Taylor Freelance heavy backstrap and TF mag extensions. W74 heavy guide rod with Wolff 15 pound Commander spring. Sig Romeo 3 Max or XL.

Well I'll never buy one no matter how good it is because I had one of their cheaper models before and reversing the mag release was one of the most frusterating thing I've done on a gun in a long long time.

I move all of my magazine releases to the opposite side of the gun so I can use my trigger finger to release a magazine.

If anyone else is a lefty or does the same good luck and prepare for frusteration.

I read through this thread yesterday and poked around the TF website. The TF website mentioned some of the Canik parts fit certain B92 mags. Do these take B92 mags? Or can B92 mags be modded?

Coincidentally I stopped at a LGS to make a layaway payment and they had a SFx in the used case for $400. It feels weird in my hand. It’s not like a G17 or my 5” M&P. Not sure if I want to pursue this or not…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I read through this thread yesterday and poked around the TF website. The TF website mentioned some of the Canik parts fit certain B92 mags. Do these take B92 mags? Or can B92 mags be modded?

Coincidentally I stopped at a LGS to make a layaway payment and they had a SFx in the used case for $400. It feels weird in my hand. It’s not like a G17 or my 5” M&P. Not sure if I want to pursue this or not…
    in Canik, I would look at the Rival.

User Tag List