Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Canik Rival

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    in Canik, I would look at the Rival.
    I thought it was but I may not have looked close enough. It looks like the entire rear sight assembly comes off to mount a dot but I didn't pay any attention to the front of the slide to see if it had the cutouts, etc.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

yes and yes, Taylor Freelance.

Stock gun, with a Taylor Freelance heavy backstrap and TF mag extensions. W74 heavy guide rod with Wolff 15 pound Commander spring. Sig Romeo 3 Max or XL.
    One more thing to add to that list. An IMSI 6# Glock striker spring to replace the factory Canik spring which is apparently much heavier. I had frequent failures to go into battery, something some of the folks on Enos had noted with the W74rod /15lb commander recoil system, that cleared it up for several of them, me as well. The gun tracks very well. When I get started back up on CO in our club matches it will be the one.

If I were doing it again I might just get the TF backstrap weight and basepads and call it good with the factory internals. This is a nice gun so far. Running a 6 moa SRO which works well for me. If it holds up, might have to get a second one at some point down the road to be the new production gun.

I have zero experience with other Caniks but on first impressions, Nils did a good job coaching the engineers for this one.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Between that, and mags now becoming available. I might get one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    This is, ultimately, what your money is supporting when you buy Turkish arms products:

https://ctc.usma.edu/a-deeper-look-a...ity-in-turkey/
    https://providencemag.com/2018/01/tu...-syrian-kurds/
    https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...X.2015.1119544 " Jihadist Highway to Jihadist Haven: Turkey's Jihadi Policies and Western Security"
    Do people not know that Turkey is run by a genocidal dictator?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    Do people not know that Turkey is run by a genocidal dictator?
    So better or worse than buying from China?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    So better or worse than buying from China?
    Equal?

He loves it

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

He loves it

That being said, he has gotten to the point where he loves pretty much everything he tries. Maybe that is just that he makes good choices on what to test.

Checked with my LGS Friday. They said their distributors were just starting to see some and it would probably be a couple of weeks before they got any in. They are going to save me one.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I read through this thread yesterday and poked around the TF website. The TF website mentioned some of the Canik parts fit certain B92 mags. Do these take B92 mags? Or can B92 mags be modded?

Coincidentally I stopped at a LGS to make a layaway payment and they had a SFx in the used case for $400. It feels weird in my hand. It’s not like a G17 or my 5” M&P. Not sure if I want to pursue this or not…
    FWIW it appears the Beretta mec gars are literally the same tube with angles and everything, just that the cut out is in a different place. I have no idea if they can be modded but im asking myself the same thing.

User Tag List