Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canik Rival

Can anyone explain the cut outs in the slide at the muzzle? I have seen this before in Gucci polymer gun builds. I dont get what it is and what is the supposed reasoning for it?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Can anyone explain the cut outs in the slide at the muzzle? I have seen this before in Gucci polymer gun builds. I dont get what it is and what is the supposed reasoning for it?
    It's supposed to look cool... If it does or not is for you to decide.

I always thought it was to lighten the slide

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I always thought it was to lighten the slide

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    And there is an ongoing debate as whether taking weight out of the slide is a good or bad thing. Regardless, this slide cycles well with the dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    This is, ultimately, what your money is supporting when you buy Turkish arms products:

https://ctc.usma.edu/a-deeper-look-a...ity-in-turkey/
    https://providencemag.com/2018/01/tu...-syrian-kurds/
    https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...X.2015.1119544 " Jihadist Highway to Jihadist Haven: Turkey's Jihadi Policies and Western Security"
    I respect this, but there is also a strong argument to be made that you are supporting concentration camps in Xinjiang every time you buy a product from China. Good luck avoiding that. Canik is an independently owned company that is not state-run. The Canik USA reps are good dudes and they sponsor USPSA. Turkey is also providing Bayraktar's to Ukraine (another delivery yesterday) and are, for all of their ills, still a NATO ally. So, "its complicated" and I don't think this should really influence anyone's purchasing decisions. It is hard to live in a globalized economy and not run into these types of issues. I find the Canik's to be an unbeatable value for competitive shooting; and, like GJM mentions, Nils is cool AF.

(Obviously in no way a defense of the policies of the Turkish government - I just don't think this sub-forum is the place for these discussions)

In the pantheon of enablers, GJM ranks high
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    In the pantheon of enablers, GJM ranks high
    I resemble that comment.

Got a Romeo 3 Max mounted on number 2 Canik, using the plate from Fast Toys. (Plate marked 06 from Canik not working for me). Also got the Taylor Freelance back strap, which adds just over 4 ounces.

I find GJM’s willingness to try new things, run them hard, and report honestly on his findings, to be of great benefit to those of us with more of a ‘wait and see’ approach to new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Talking guns with an Uncle, he showed me a picture of one of these and told me one of his friends bought it. Cheaper than a Glock, and just as good was the description.

I think I eye rolled. Maybe that was in haste, but I have a hard time believing in another Glock killer.

It doesn't have to be a Glock killer. It just has to be another option.

Having options in the gun world is never a bad thing. If the gun is reliable then the "just as good" nothing is relative to the individuals needs and wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    It doesn't have to be a Glock killer. It just has to be another option.

Having options in the gun world is never a bad thing. If the gun is reliable then the "just as good" nothing is relative to the individuals needs and wants.
    Face it, in our life times, no semi auto pistol is likely to be a Glock killer. There is such an established Glock ecosystem, Glock will be [U]the[/U] or at least a dominant choice for decades to come.

What the Canik Rival is, is a $650 pistol that you can compete with out of the box with excellent accuracy, an excellent trigger, excellent magazines, a very good magwell, excellent iron sights, an excellent optic mounting system, and excellent reliability and durability, that can be shot at a high level. I am thinking of shooting Production with one.

User Tag List