Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardboard Target Comparison: 3D vs. Shoot Steel vs. USPSA vs. IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    But caring if plain cardboard is anatomic or not misses the point of the exercise.
    I think you're reading too much into my OP.

I use all the tools:

Cardboard only, cardboard backers with anatomic paper targets, 3D targets of different types, 3Dish targets like you saw in my photo line up, T shirts, hats, props, and faces, steel targets, and of course, Force on Force, since nothing really replicates 3D on a 2D live fire range. That's on top of various non-anatomic paper training targets for isolating skill sets.

My OP was merely my own curiosity from a self defense training perspective at how common cardboard targets align with a human target. That's it. Of course there are better solutions out there, and even these targets can be enhanced with t-shirts, etc., but I simply wanted to know this one thing.

I appreciate all of your feedback, I agree with most of it, not all. It's all good though.
    Last edited by Bluemonday; 03-20-2022 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added steel targets

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemonday View Post
    I think you're reading too much into my OP.

I use all the tools:

Cardboard only, cardboard backers with anatomic paper targets, 3D targets of different types, 3Dish targets like you saw in my photo line up, T shirts, hats, props, and faces, and of course, Force on Force, since nothing really replicates 3D on a 2D live fire range. That's on top of various non-anatomic paper training targets for isolating skill sets.

My OP was merely my own curiosity from a self defense training perspective at how common cardboard targets align with a human target. That's it. Of course there are better solutions out there, and even these targets can be enhanced with t-shirts, etc., but I simply wanted to know this one thing.

I appreciate all of your feedback, I agree with most of it, not all. It's all good though.
    Sorry-I’m traveling and just read your first post fully. Your comparison is interesting. I hope you get some more comments.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List