Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roku Analog Clock Dry Fire Drill

Roku Analog Clock Dry Fire Drill

Okay, I know this one is going to sound a little whacky, but it has been helpful to me for quite a long time.

If you have a Roku/Roku TV and a big screen tv, select the Roku analog clock screen saver. The diameter of the clock on my set up is 7” and the screen refreshes about every 5 seconds randomly moving the analog clock around the screen. If you want to activate it right away and can’t wait the time for the screen saver to kick in, go to settings, theme, select analog clock screen saver then preview.

Standing 7 yards away, with an unloaded pistol in a concealed carry position, focus on the center of screen. When the screen refreshes, randomly moving the analog clock, draw from concealed with a not loaded pistol, and dry fire into the center of the clock in the new position. Reholster, and repeat. It’s a quick and easy way to get multiple reps in every day. I usually do 20.

I’m certain that this dry fire drill has contributed to my reduced and maintained time of first round on 8” target at 7 yards drawing from concealed. Keep pushing faster, make adjustments and repeat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thats pretty thrifty...but...did you know you can pull up various target presentation videos on YouTube.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Thats pretty thrifty...but...did you know you can pull up various target presentation videos on YouTube.
    Thanks, yes, I’ve seen them. I like the 7” clock target and the fact that the screen saver is up and usually running. No time out needed to set up so I think that means I use it way more often. Example, come home, put pistol on top of the fridge, see screen saver, think I have a few minutes so why not, unload, put in empty magazine from top of fridge, quick 10 to 20 reps done. It’s the convenience factor.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Thanks, yes, I’ve seen them. I like the 7” clock target and the fact that the screen saver is up and usually running. No time out needed to set up so I think that means I use it way more often. Example, come home, put pistol on top of the fridge, see screen saver, think I have a few minutes so why not, unload, put in empty magazine from top of fridge, quick 10 to 20 reps done. It’s the convenience factor.
    Nice, I can definitely relate to that.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Nice, I can definitely relate to that.
    Full confession, I have a very pretty basket on top of our fridge to put gun and gun things in that was eagerly provided by my wife. Apparently some of us prefer seeing very pretty baskets on top of our fridge and not gun and gun things. Sometimes those people that prefer to see very pretty baskets on top of the fridge and not gun or gun things are important to us so we must put our gun and gun things inside the very pretty basket on top of the fridge. It makes life much more simple and easier.

This seems like a really good way to accidentally shoot your TV.

While we should all shoot our TVs, we should probably do it in a manner that lets us know our target and what is beyond it.

It’s the convenience factor.
    You know what’s really convenient?

Having an unloaded, dedicated dry fire gun.

If safety is a factor can use a barrel block or clipped striker / firing pin.

Instead of a basket for loaded guns, I generally do a small safe…

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    This seems like a really good way to accidentally shoot your TV.

While we should all shoot our TVs, we should probably do it in a manner that lets us know our target and what is beyond it.
    If someone is not good at preparing a pistol for safe dry fire practice then they should definitely refrain from this completely. I don’t have a self check form for “Am I Good at Preparing a Firearm Safely for Dry Fire Practice” so please, if someone on this forum does, please share it. Maybe we can group think it, and come up with a safe solution to safely practice dry firing exercises with a TV. Agreed, we all most likely would be better off if we could just safely shoot our TVs.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You know what’s really convenient?

Having an unloaded, dedicated dry fire gun.

If safety is a factor can use a barrel block or clipped striker / firing pin.

Instead of a basket for loaded guns, I generally do a small safe…
    One of the main ideas here is convenience equals opportunities for more reps. Using the screen saver as a target, taking a few minutes out of a busy day to squeeze in multiple reps is easy. Having a dedicated dry fire pistol locked up in a safe doesn’t sound so convenient which for me means less reps, less dry fire practice, less good on skill getting first round on target quickly and accurately. That’s just me and my busy life. No TVs or any other home electronics have been harmed or otherwise injured in this practice.

One of the main ideas here is convenience equals opportunities for more reps. Using the screen saver as a target, taking a few minutes out of a busy day to squeeze in multiple reps is easy. Having a dedicated dry fire pistol locked up in a safe doesn’t sound so convenient which for me means less reps, less dry fire practice, less good on skill getting first round on target quickly and accurately. That’s just me and my busy life. No TVs or any other home electronics have been harmed or otherwise injured in this practice.
    No, I was saying lock up your real gun and leave the dry gun out.

That way you get more reps in rather than taking time to unload and reload.

I don’t like chambering and rechambering loads.

I don’t like putting the number of dry fire rounds on my carry pistol that I do in practice.

The gun I count on for self defense stays low round count and low strikes. The springs stay fresh and pins stay in good shape.

Did you know you can break the breech face out of a Glock by dry firing it too much?

Name:  E6F42843-52FC-40BA-BEDF-62C1D939975B.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  14B4E2EB-56FE-494F-BDF5-4325FCA8DEA4.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  76.6 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 03-17-2022 at 10:54 PM.

User Tag List