Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LCR .327

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    All the cool kids, and by all the cool kids I mean me and DB, are running Buffalo Bore 32 Longs
    I heard DB praise this round on a podcast and was stoked to find them in stock, my .327 is loaded with them as well. I'm signed up for alerts for .32H&R mag everywhere I could think of...guess I need to check out Sportsman's Warehouse.

I want to like the Hogue boot grips, but I just don't. I tried undercutting them behind the trigger guard and promptly ruined them. I also want to like pocket carry, but again (lawn work aside), I just don't, so I'm not too concerned with how the grip affects this method.

I bought one of the Roger's grips direct from their site and I really like it. I understand that people don't like it for anything with harsh recoil, but it works wonderfully with the soft recoiling .32's.

My #1 reason for buying one one is for summertime concealment and I'm on the hunt for the perfect (for me) AIWB holster for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Just surfing around, I see that Hogue makes a laser grip for the LCR.

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/ruger...closed/legrips
    I had one and was very underwhelmed
    @jetfire

Would you be willing to elaborate on the specifics?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    @jetfire

Would you be willing to elaborate on the specifics?
    The green beam was so weak that it was hardly visible in a mildly well lit room, it was actually dimmer than my red Crimson Trace laser on my other LCR

The green beam was so weak that it was hardly visible in a mildly well lit room, it was actually dimmer than my red Crimson Trace laser on my other LCR
    Sorry if it's a dumb question to ask, but did you try changing the brightness level? If I hadn't seen it mentioned when I was researching grips a while back I'd never have known such a setting would be a thing.

I didn't end up getting one of the Hogues myself, I found a used green Crimson Trace grip here on PF...haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet but brightness seems as expected, can't tell a difference between it and a TLR-8 AG.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I agree, it is hard to compare an older Smith J frame with the LCR. The LCR appears like it was made by a committee that tried to make a revolver as cheaply as possible. However, when I shoot my 43C and the LCR in 22, the LCR shoots circles around the 43C.

Can you please elaborate on how the LCR shoots circles around the 43C? I have a 3 inch S&W 317 that I like a lot. I look at the LCRx 3 inch in .22, but figure it’s mostly a duplicate of what I have. Is it worth the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Can you please elaborate on how the LCR shoots circles around the 43C? I have a 3 inch S&W 317 that I like a lot. I look at the LCRx 3 inch in .22, but figure it’s mostly a duplicate of what I have. Is it worth the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pre lock 317 is my favorite small .22 revolver. The 43C is smaller than the LCR and can use CT laser grips. Otherwise the LCR feels more substantial, has more usable sights, and allows me better performance than the 43C on the shooting tasks I have tried.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Did CT stop making the boot grip size lasergrip?

That’s just what I need.

Another frickin round to reload[emoji849]

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Did CT stop making the boot grip size lasergrip?
    Some time after S&W bought them, IIRC.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I have no idea why I traded my lcr’s in 327. They really worked for me for a variety of reasons. Stupidly I traded them on I can’t even remember.

User Tag List