Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LCR .327

LCR .327

For the longest time, they seemed almost unobtanium, but GunBroker has a bunch of them now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I keep being tempted by one. Seems most carry 32H&R in them?

I think the LCR is cool, but I really want a Single 7.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I think the LCR is cool, but I really want a Single 7.
    I had one when they were first released, in the 7.5" barrel length. Very fun little gun with a hefty muzzle blast with full .327 loads; reminded me of my Blackhawk in .30 Carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I had one when they were first released, in the 7.5" barrel length. Very fun little gun with a hefty muzzle blast with full .327 loads; reminded me of my Blackhawk in .30 Carbine.
    Agreed on blasty. Mine was a 5.5" and the concussion punched my sinus cavities every single shot.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Now that I have one inbound, what are folks doing for ammo. I see LuckyGunner is a buck a round for practice ammo.

I wanted to like mine, I really did. I got one and loaded it with BB .32S&WLong (at the recommendation of DB) due to hand issues which make small frame revolvers painful. With standard size grips it was ok but not great in the pocket. With pocket grips, it was still uncomfortable beyond a level I felt I could train with.
    Even more of an issue was how it felt. It just seemed....cheap. Maybe it's because the rest of my revolvers are pre WWII S&W and Colts and my one mid-70s Model 36.
    I wanted to like it, I did.
    Guess I'm going to have to try the 43C.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    I wanted to like mine, I really did. I got one and loaded it with BB .32S&WLong (at the recommendation of DB) due to hand issues which make small frame revolvers painful. With standard size grips it was ok but not great in the pocket. With pocket grips, it was still uncomfortable beyond a level I felt I could train with.
    Even more of an issue was how it felt. It just seemed....cheap. Maybe it's because the rest of my revolvers are pre WWII S&W and Colts and my one mid-70s Model 36.
    I wanted to like it, I did.
    Guess I'm going to have to try the 43C.
    I agree, it is hard to compare an older Smith J frame with the LCR. The LCR appears like it was made by a committee that tried to make a revolver as cheaply as possible. However, when I shoot my 43C and the LCR in 22, the LCR shoots circles around the 43C.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I agree, it is hard to compare an older Smith J frame with the LCR. The LCR appears like it was made by a committee that tried to make a revolver as cheaply as possible. However, when I shoot my 43C and the LCR in 22, the LCR shoots circles around the 43C.
    "By a committee.." lol...since I work for the US Army on the R&D side...I definitely identify with the statement.

What about the LCR do you feel makes it better than the 43C? I'm curious because I have no experience with the 43C and since they're not Mass Compliant, they're hard to find around here.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now that I have one inbound, what are folks doing for ammo. I see LuckyGunner is a buck a round for practice ammo.
    I pretty regularly see a few boxes of 32 H&R and 32 Long on the shelf at the local Sportsman's Warehouse, they had a little as recently as last week. Another LGS sometimes stocks 32 Long wadcutters. The nice thing is it doesn't sell quickly.

I also saved some 32 H&R brass and dies, mostly because I keep thinking about acquiring a LCR one of these days.

User Tag List