Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LCR .327

327 Fed

The long, and short of it. If you reload, best round ever thought up. If not, the worse, unless you want to practice with 2 dollar a round, hand breaking SD loads out of the LCR. Speaking of which, Federal just came out with a VERY hot HST round. I stick to the Hydro-Shoks out of the LCR for SD. Not a pleasure to shoot, but totally controllable, and shootable at SD distances. I also have a 3" sp-101 which is the same size as the LCR, but about 10 ounces heavier with the stainless steel. A total joy to shoot with the adj sights, long sight radius, and heavier weight. Hoping this round makes a come back, and the gun manufacturers start making some more different guns with it. The LCR, is a good sign.

Gonzo

It seems like a good idea, the you have to shoot it! It is brisk, but I like the flexibility. .32 long are so mild, and HR mags arent bad in the LCR. I wish they would try a lighter frame amd 7 rounds of Magnum.

I think they are missing the boat on with the lack of a 2” SP!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    The long, and short of it. If you reload, best round ever thought up. If not, the worse, unless you want to practice with 2 dollar a round, hand breaking SD loads out of the LCR. Speaking of which, Federal just came out with a VERY hot HST round. I stick to the Hydro-Shoks out of the LCR for SD. Not a pleasure to shoot, but totally controllable, and shootable at SD distances. I also have a 3" sp-101 which is the same size as the LCR, but about 10 ounces heavier with the stainless steel. A total joy to shoot with the adj sights, long sight radius, and heavier weight. Hoping this round makes a come back, and the gun manufacturers start making some more different guns with it. The LCR, is a good sign.

Gonzo
    And that right there is why I don't own a .327. I keep looking at it thinking (in concept) it's a great idea, but since I don't reload...
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I wanted to love it, I really really did!

Just a retired guy that likes his snubbies, watched too many 70s detective shows. But I just couldn’t warm up to my LCR327. I do reload, but I didn’t find the 32 calibers anything better than what my reloads in 38 special already did for my tolerance levels. Hands are damaged, so was never going to use 327 Mags in it. I like the 32 H&R in a lighter snub, just think the LCR is too heavy for it and the 32SW Longs. The Longs are all I could find in factory loadings. They were a hoot in my old Rossi, though. I understand why some really like the LCR327, but it’s just too much work for me. The LCR357 is just plug and go for me.

Plus I have a small tackle box full of 38 snap caps, speedloaders, and speed strips for training. And the 38 caliber cases and snap caps are easier for my damaged and arthritic hands to hand and train with. I like speed strips, and found out that 22 caliber and 32 calibers give me problems using them in classes and training. The 38s are a sweet spot for me. Well, until someone comes out with a 44 special snubbie I can’t live without.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Back in the saddle again…..

Well, just got my LCR327 back. I’m going to run it all of July, using Claude Werner’s excellent snubbie course which I did with two Taurus 856 and it really slicked the pistols up and polished off my revolver shooting skills. Just going to go back and follow his course from the beginning and then shoot the tests once a week at a local outdoor range and then shoot a longer course at another range. Extra speed strips and snap caps ordered for the 327.

My goals are to get back into being proficient with the LCR327 and LCR22lr pistols at longer ranges, and to master Big Dot sights I have one them. Will give the sights two weeks and if no improvement then will swap back to OEM sight and a paint job.
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Site Supporter
    I have a pair of these and really like them. I'll echo I really wish they were 32H&R and on the aluminum frame. They just get a bit heavy in the pocket by the end of the day. They are great as an around the house Enigma gun. One is probably going to end up in a small safe tethered under the seat of my truck.

User Tag List