Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawn and garden gurus, what is this?

Lawn and garden gurus, what is this?

And how do I kill it?*

Name:  10123B13-48F3-49F0-8233-9035A47E441A.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  93.5 KB

* Fire and nuking from orbit were on the table until my wife nixed them…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I think that's the stuff I've spent a few days over the past week pulling out of my front lawn. I think it is the flower part of a low creeping vine-type of weed. In summer, that weed is very tough to pull up. The tendrils are kind of like zip-ties. They are very tough. At least I think they are the same weed.

I sprayed my lawn a few weeks ago with this product - Fertilome Weed Free Zone https://www.fertilome.com/product/we...zone-rts-32-oz

I think the stuff I was pulling was mostly dead, but just residual stalks. I had a lot of the stuff and the Fertilome product worked pretty well.

Henbit. I fought it in my Georgia Bermuda lawn for several years trying to do the broadleaf weed sprays and pre-emergents for years with limited success. Called a pro company that I pay roughly $50/month and problem solved.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I am not a guru but it looks like creeping Charlie, I think there are prescriptions to do.

I suggest taking it to a local trusted lawn/garden area, they will lock down what you need to do. Avoid box store places.

I too have now hired a lawn company to do all my yard a fertilizer/weed control and it took care of it.

It does look a little like henbit but I think it's something else. If it is henbit, most any broadleaf weed control like Weed-B-Gone, Spectracide or one of the Bayer formulas that the box stores sell should work. Henbit is pretty easy to kill with those. Grassy weeds are another thing altogether. Hate that stuff because they outlawed MSMA. That pretty much leaves Roundup for effective control.

Is it some type of chickweed by any chance, not sure.

Site Supporter
    I get that shit.

Truegreen takes care of it.

A man's gotta know his limitations and botany and herbicide knowledge are one of mine.

I pays the money to the man.

Thanks everyone! I didn’t realize what a crappy pic it was until I posted it. I’ll get better pics soon(tm) and see if that helps the ID.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I didn’t realize what a crappy pic it was until I posted it. I’ll get better pics soon(tm) and see if that helps the ID.
    Download picture this app. Take a photo and it will tell you what it is.

If I can drive a lawn mover over it I don't give a rat's ass what it is. My grandfather had a green thumb, not me. I can barely grow hair on my head. I'm not getting concerned about my lawn.

User Tag List