Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lawn and garden gurus, what is this?

Have had good results using Bonide broadleaf killer without killing off grass. Had more chickweed but some henbit in Nashville. After treating the following winter rented a over-seeder from HD, the new growth of grass really helped improve things overall. As for the pricker/sticker weeds spot treat them as needed with concentrated herbicide products.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    While we're on the subject of lawn and garden, does anyone know how to get rid of moles? Several would be a safe bet. I'm half-tempted to till the whole thing.
    Jack Russel Terrier, Dachshund, etc.

We did see a reduction when we started treating for grubs regularly.... Less mole food, fewer moles.
    If your neighbors have moles, there's really no way to rid them permanently.
    Some of those mole guillotines can be quite satisfying.... Especially outside of traditional hunting season.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Jack Russel Terrier, Dachshund, etc.

We did see a reduction when we started treating for grubs regularly.... Less mole food, fewer moles.
    If your neighbors have moles, there's really no way to rid them permanently.
    Some of those mole guillotines can be quite satisfying.... Especially outside of traditional hunting season.
    I have a dog but it's a certified doofus (canine instincts probably bred out). A lot of houses have moles in my neighborhood but there's one crotchety old guy who never gets them and he's told the rest of us he's taking the secret to his grave. I'll try the grub insecticide route since those electronic stakes have proven to be useless.

Follow up and possible resolution. I still have no idea what is is but our lawn guy called yesterday asking if we needed the yard mowed yet. My wife said yes and asked if he had anything for weeds and sent him a better picture than I had taken. He said he had weed and feed that would take care of it so I guess we’ll see in the near future.

Green thumbs run in our family but I’m not willing to put in the time needed (as long as there’s green and it doesn’t look shaggy I’m ok with it) and my wife wants it Instaface worthy but isn’t willing to put in the effort. So we compromise and throw money at it…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

There are also voles that burrow in your lawn. They are different from moles, and require different solutions.

https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/h...n-moles-voles/

While we're on the subject of lawn and garden, does anyone know how to get rid of moles? Several would be a safe bet. I'm half-tempted to till the whole thing.
    Try finding the highest elevation hole stick a hose in it till the water runs out the other holes. Ive killed them at the exit holes. You might have to let it run a while.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Try finding the highest elevation hole stick a hose in it till the water runs out the other holes. Ive killed them at the exit holes. You might have to let it run a while.
    Oh, I like where this is going. I need to flush my hot water tank anyways. Now I just need a red bandana, some warpaint, and a hatchet for my last stand.

Oh, I like where this is going. I need to flush my hot water tank anyways. Now I just need a red bandana, some warpaint, and a hatchet for my last stand.
    After I posted that I wondered if car exhaust would work.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    After I posted that I wondered if car exhaust would work.
    I've tried the poison smoke bombs. They just laugh at me.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Two words: foo gas

Name:  8A720F18-3072-42B8-A645-02BB0A827DE6.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  44.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List