Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AWIB without an........appendix

A quick revisit to my original question.

I am back to where I can carry AWIB again with one caveat, I need a belt that is just a little longer for.......reasons (i.e. carrying a little more weight). Planning to make that a temporary problem. 🤞🏼

I probably could have gotten back to AWIB sooner but I have been trying to embrace the #dotlife and that has taken a little more effort to adjust than I anticipated. And if I am honest, #JFramePocketLife is just too easy......(until it comes time to shoot). And of course the before mentioned extra weight.

Site Supporter
    I want to share my appendix story. When I was 16, I went to sleep feeling crappy. I awoke about 2:00 AM with a wrath of God belly ache. I told my parents. They said take some Pepto. I knew enough not to do that. I said that I think this is was beyond that and I am going to check out. I said, if you want me to cry like a baby - I will!

So they called my pediatrician. In those days, you went to one through the teen age years. Well, he says - I'll be over in the morning. I was pushing for an ambulance but no - wait for old Doc Crappy.

He shows up and pokes around. Says I have a hot appendix. My parents say - what should we do? He says - I don't know. I don't know any surgeons and walks out.

HOLY GEEZ. My parents call their GP who says: HOLY GEEZ - and rushes over. Takes me to the hospital in his car. They operate and say it was about to go BLAM. Now in those days, none of this microsurgery. Get the sword and open me up. Still got a significantly long scar. I lives and spent a week in the hospital.

I go back to school and there was mandatory PE. Think they would give you a break - NO. I get put in what was called Modified Gym. For the rest of the semester we played whiffle baseball with a whiffle ball and plastic bat in a small gym. Guys in casts, surgical cases like me, poor kids with neurological or other handicaps for 45 minutes twice a week. Unbelievable. Staggering around the bases like the Walking Dead.

User Tag List