Thread: Counterfeit or crap QC Streamlight batteries

Counterfeit or crap QC Streamlight batteries

I don't recall what light these came with but they're 3-4 years old. Suspect battery on the right has no expiration date, the wrapper is upside down (+ and - reversed) and tests at 3.08V (60% on MBT-1) despite being unused, vs 3.26V on the left. They weigh the same, 17-18g.

Name:  20220315_195901.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  85.7 KB

Seems an odd thing to counterfeit. Just crappy quality control? Anyone else have batteries like the one on the right?

How many have you found like this?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    How many have you found like this?
    Two. Most likely packaged together with either a 2L-X or rail mount HL-X but I can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    I don't recall what light these came with but they're 3-4 years old. Suspect battery on the right has no expiration date, the wrapper is upside down (+ and - reversed) and tests at 3.08V (60% on MBT-1) despite being unused, vs 3.26V on the left. They weigh the same, 17-18g.

Name:  20220315_195901.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  85.7 KB

Seems an odd thing to counterfeit. Just crappy quality control? Anyone else have batteries like the one on the right?
    Email a picture to Streamlight customer service and maybe they’ll send you some replacements directly for the inverted one that could damage your equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Email a picture to Streamlight customer service and maybe they’ll send you some replacements directly for the inverted one that could damage your equipment.
    Ironically I only noticed this when replacing batteries in a Surefire X300. Could be entertaining asking Streamlight to replace batteries for that purpose

Follow the supply chain? (Yeah, I know they claim Made in USA…)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List