Thread: Legislation to remove SBR and SBS

Legislation to remove SBR and SBS

Thanks to a post shared by Spencer Keepers, I learned there is some legislation on the table to remove SBRs and SBS from the NFA.

I emailed my representative in support of the legislation.

I am writing to you, to voice my support for multiple pieces of legislation.

HR 1758 - Home Defense and Competitive Shooting Act of 2021.
    This bill removes short-barreled rifles (barrels of less than 16 inches in length) from the definition of firearms for purposes of the National Firearms Act.

HR 4312 - NFA SBS Act.
    This bill removes certain short-barreled shotguns from the definition of firearms for purposes of the National Firearms Act.

HR 6817 - No Backdoor Gun Control Act of 2022.
    This bill removes the category of any other weapon from the definition of firearm under the National Firearms Act.

I want to reach out to you, because I feel these are important to me.
    1) At present short barreled rifles and shotguns are burdened with undue restrictions that don't apply to other firearms. This is under the premise that these weapons are somehow more sinister or culpable in crime than other rifles or shotguns. This is simply not true, and isn't reflected in the FBI's uniform crime reporting data.
    2) We are the only nation on earth with the benefit of recognizing our right to bear arms and thus our inherent right to self preservation and liberty. We are also the only nation on earth that restricts ownership of weapons based on length.
    3) These rifles are currently subject to "administrative" interpretations by the ATF that are unclear, and constantly in a state of change as to their legality. It is unreasonable and unjust to subject gun owners who are honestly trying to follow the law to such capricious and arbitrary administrative changes when they can result in significant penalties. The ATF's intentions, guidance, and interpretations are all subject to change at a whim, and their definitions and guidelines are often vague or contradictory.

Thus far, I have been mostly satisfied with your tenure as my representative. While XXXXX county is not feature often in your news letter, I am none the less satisfied with the majority of your voting record. However, I am interested to see if you are willing to actually work toward some of the legislation I mentioned. It's incredibly important especially in a sportsman dense area like ours. With midterms coming, and with strong displeasure with the national administration throughout our country, now is the time for us to gain ground.

Your constituent and voter,
    Cory XXXXXX

I fear this will suffer the same fate as the HPA, but a guy can dream.

This makes a remarkable amount of sense, but I cannot see this happening absent substantial control in both chambers and the presidency by parties both pro-gun and knowledgeable regarding both the technical and the legal/bureaucratic/administrative.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

My congressman is up for re-election. It doesn't hurt to write a letter. I'm sure he'll excuse any grammatical errors if a campaign contribution is included.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    At least Ted Cruz can be depended upon to support stuff like this.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Thanks for posting this. I contacted my representative and asked her to support this legislation as well. I was hoping the proliferation of braced firearms would help move the conversation towards getting SBRs and SBS’ off of the NFA. We seem to be heading in the opposite direction but it’s still worth a shot.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Feel good legislation.
    #RESIST

User Tag List