Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irish Whiskey

This thread does bring back memories for me.

My grandfather (and grandmother) was an immigrant from Ireland in the early part of the last century. One of my memories of him was with a bottle of Jameson in front of a checkerboard table with my cousin. I believe, one side used beer caps as pieces, since as I recall, one or both were color-blind.

The "Irish Car Bomb" brings up other memories. I'd not heard of it as a drink, but Danny Greene ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Greene ) of "Kill the Irishman" fame ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1416801/ ) was blown up in a mob hit during my freshman year of college in Cleveland.
    Last edited by JTQ; 03-16-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    I finished a bottle of regular Jameson's last night, so I bought a bottle of the Stout edition to try. Can't be unprepared for St. Patrick's Day!

Another recommendation - Teeling's Small Batch. My wife's favorite, along with Tullamore DEW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I finished a bottle of regular Jameson's last night, so I bought a bottle of the Stout edition to try. Can't be unprepared for St. Patrick's Day!
    Being a Stout fan, I almost went with that.... Curious to know what you think about it...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Being a Stout fan, I almost went with that.... Curious to know what you think about it...
    I'll report back later tonight, I just took a muscle relaxer and have to drive later, when I get home I'll try it then.

My favorite is Redbreast. The 12 year old should be relatively easy to find and run $55 - $65. If you like Jamesons, you should enjoy Redbreast. I believe they are now owned by the same company but have different recipes and distilling processes. It is very good as a sipping whiskey. It's very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    My favorite is Redbreast. The 12 year old should be relatively easy to find and run $55 - $65. If you like Jamesons, you should enjoy Redbreast. I believe they are now owned by the same company but have different recipes and distilling processes. It is very good as a sipping whiskey. It's very smooth.
    I hear the Redbreast 12 Cask Strength is superb.

The only Irish whiskey I have in the house is The Sexton single malt. It's a very good tasting whiskey for the money. Slainte!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Another recommendation - Teeling's Small Batch. My wife's favorite, along with Tullamore DEW.
    Teelings is great.

And I've always loved Tully.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    May the Road Rise Up to Meet You...
    Last time I was in Eire it was the floor that rose up to meet me.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Best wishes for a happy and safe Saint Patrick's Day to one and all.

Share some Irish whiskey and a laugh with someone today. You might make a friend. You might make a new Irish whiskey fan.

Slàinte Mhaith!

User Tag List