Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Irish Whiskey

Site Supporter
    I'm not a big drinker, but when I do it's usually Jameson Black Barrel.

I looked all over for Redbreast, found some on the try in our State Store system and gave it to a friend for his birthday. The next time I went in to buy some Jameson, I saw Redbreast on the shelf at a whopping price, much more than I paid for that birthday bottle. Was it an older or otherwise higher end variant or did the ABC system just catch on and jack up the price? I don't know.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I looked all over for Redbreast, found some on the try in our State Store system and gave it to a friend for his birthday. The next time I went in to buy some Jameson, I saw Redbreast on the shelf at a whopping price, much more than I paid for that birthday bottle. Was it an older or otherwise higher end variant or did the ABC system just catch on and jack up the price? I don't know.
    I recently had a similar experience. I enjoy having a good Irish whiskey in the house (my wife being Irish). Redbreast is my favorite. The last several times I’ve bought it, it was roughly $75 for a bottle. Then for about 6 months it was nowhere to be found. I finally found some again in December, but it was some “premium” variant, and the price was $125 or so. I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Visiting a friend in Utah once, I definitely raised an eyebrow at a number of bottles' prices in their stores. Both for being weirdly high and absurdly low.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I'm not a big drinker, but when I do it's usually Jameson Black Barrel.
    Might have to try this one this year... Last year was a Readbreast 12 year... was ok, but not my favorite..
    Maybe I'll look for some sample sized bottles of Irish and try more than one..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Maybe I'll try one of these. Our local upscale liquor store has an associated gourmet store and sells a pretty good Irish Cheddar - Kerrygold SKELLIG CHEESE. If you want a snack.

Presently, I have some Japanese firewater I'm working on.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Time for a bump. St. Paddy's is right around the corner.

I've tried a bunch of new stuff since 2020. Learned a lot about my tastes. (simple and frugal)

My favorites are Powers Gold Label, Jameson Black Barrel, Tullamore DEW, Teelings Small Batch, and Jameson Caskmates Stout. The Bushmills stuff is nice but seems to give me heartburn.

The single malts and all the high priced stuff is lost on me. Thankfully. I did enjoy my Redbreast, but would not rebuy for the price.
    I find The Sexton single malt to be very affordable.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    While in Dublin at the Cobblestone pub recently. I imbibed a shot of Red Breast 12 Irish Whiskey and it was absolutely wonderful! That thus far is my only experience with Irish Whiskey.

https://www.redbreastwhiskey.com/en/...r-old-whiskey/

User Tag List