Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022: New Rule Book

So...I think this'll be my rig for this season...
    Name:  IMG_0416.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  99.0 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Belts still have to go thru belt loops on the pants.
    But you can still skip two loops.
    8.4 Belts
    Belts may be no wider than 1-3/4 inches or thicker than 5/16 inches and must pass through a minimum of all but two of
    the pant loops.

More updates from my area coordinator:

Am I required to have a separate handheld flashlight if I have a Weapon Mounted Light? (No)

3.2.3.2 can require specified head and body shots. This is not the same as dividing a target into 2 separate scoring zones, as 4.10.4 restricts. 4.10.4 refers to dividing a down zero into two zones.

Cover during reloads. A vision barrier does not provide cover during reloads and is the same as being in the open. You may not leave cover with an unloaded gun (or while reloading) if you would be exposed to an unengaged target (as if the vision barrier was not there.) However, once you take one shot at the surprise or concealed targets, you may reload in front of unengaged targets as you would in the open.

Cover during reloads: You may not leave cover using the re-engagement rule and then reload while traversing concealment. The key part of the rule is if you “run dry” in the open. The shooter didn’t run dry while moving to address open targets.

What if I run empty while behind cover, can I still leave and perform a reload on the move, as long as I complete it behind cover OR concealment as long as I do not become “exposed” to an unengaged target in the process?. (Yes, behind cover, NO, not behind concealment.)

The rulebook is silent on removing a slide lock, whereas the old rulebook had the restriction. Therefore you may remove the slide lock. Note there is no general restriction about mag wells either.

If a gun fails the gun inspection because of a safety being disabled or missing, the shooter should receive a DNF and may not use that gun to complete the match.

Retention does not automatically require SHO. The COF may specify SHO retention. Support Hand Retention is not prohibited, but doesn’t make a lot of sense. 6.5.18.1 Strong-hand only stages requiring shooting with retention shall not exceed 1 yard distant from the shooter. Remember to cut out the -0 and leave the perf for close retention.

6.5.26.5.1 Simply means you can’t ignore a target covered by a non-threat and you must engage that target using tactical priority before moving to the target with lower priority, or leaving cover. You can’t say, “Well I can’t see the threat target, so I can skip it and then come back to it.”

Will IDPA provide any kind of liability insurance for safety officers if a shooter’s family decides to sue a safety officer for negligence if a shooter accidentally shoots themselves when drawing from an appendix holster? (This is no different than if someone shoots themselves while drawing from a strong side holster.)

Calibration zones mentioned in 4.16 are defined in section 4.12.

The couple of guys I talked to at the match yesterday seem to agree that lights are legal on all pistols. So I need to weigh my gun/light combi and build a box to check dimensions.

More updates from my area coordinator:

What if I run empty while behind cover, can I still leave and perform a reload on the move, as long as I complete it behind cover OR concealment as long as I do not become “exposed” to an unengaged target in the process?. (Yes, behind cover, NO, not behind concealment.)
    That does not appear to agree with
    3.5.11.2 In stages with cover, shooters may reload standing still or on the move at any time, as long as they are not exposed to targets that are not fully engaged during the reload.

Support Hand Retention is not prohibited, but doesn’t make a lot of sense.
    I find that getting the other hand on the gun in retention may be a bit slower than onehanded, but the transition to aimed fire at the next, more distant target is quick quick.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So...I think this'll be my rig for this season...
    Name:  IMG_0416.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  99.0 KB
    Hard for me to tell but I am guessing from the magwell it is P? I wasn't clear if they did away with the bull barrel length limit or not but sorta got that impression. I will probably run our "carry gun" matches with my C2 AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Hard for me to tell but I am guessing from the magwell it is P? I wasn't clear if they did away with the bull barrel length limit or not but sorta got that impression. I will probably run our "carry gun" matches with my C2 AIWB.
    It's a Staccato P DPO. It seemed like IDPA was already starting to permit the Staccatos despite the bull barrel with the "Fit The Box, Make Weight" guidance for ESP. The new ruleset just seems to codify that guidance. ESP/CO seems pretty broad in terms of what it will allow. Compensators remain illegal for all Divisions.

I've read elsewhere that the Staccato XL will fit the box for ESP...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

If WML for every division might ponder this for CCP.

https://lokgrips.com/accessories/lok...ass-uspsa-wml/

WMLs are legal for all Divisions now but the gun still has to make weight and fit in the box with the light attached.

WMLs are legal for all Divisions now but the gun still has to make weight and fit in the box with the light attached.
    Yes 38 ounces. The light also has to be capable of a minimum of 60 lumens. While not actually intending to drop the brass one on I do have a WML thats several ounces and would be helpful to my very light M&Pc. 38 ounces is quite a bit for a CCP, given that that category doesn't include the newer intentionally heavy competition production guns. I wonder what firearms would come close to that weight and still be in CCP size parameters.

User Tag List