Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022: New Rule Book

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Yes I was thinking that it seems a little unfair that only one class has the expanded max rnds per mag.
    I presume that they do not want to obsolete my Colt single stack ESP.
    If they did, well, I have a 2011 USPSA Limited gun I could use, but I would not be happy to retire my old friends.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Looked up on lark: January 2022
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...e-sub-compact/

15 rounder, can take WMLs, not CO sight ready
    I read that article on the SFX9 and was thinking it is a nice pistol, a well thought out design. Then I got to the price. Whoa, they sure think a lot of it themselves don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Looked up on lark: January 2022
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...e-sub-compact/

15 rounder, can take WMLs, not CO sight ready
    Looks like a SAO, so not SSP legal 👎

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Looks like a SAO, so not SSP legal 👎
    Is it, that is both interesting and blows my theory.

Again I just scanned the rulebook changes, but not really seeing anything I dislike in the changes. Eventually they will need to break CO into CO/SSP and CO/CCP because thats increasingly the future.

Site Supporter
    So for me, a simpleton... does CO follow SSP rules or is it it's own animal? Is CO 10 or 15 rounds now? Are WMLs allowed now?

Neither is a deal breaker to me compared to the allowing of appendix carry. Prior to this I've only shot IDPA matches so local they didn't care that I shot appendix with a WML as long as I gave my $10 and helped paste targets. Kinda moving away from the WML anyway.

I like the fault line rule clarification that they don't extend up range and a penalty will now be given for stepping past the end of a fault line if it exposes the shooter to unengaged targets. I've pushed for that to be fixed ever since we started using fault lines.

Just got this from my area coordinator:

2022 IDPA Rulebook Q&A, 3/15/22

Can we start using the new rules now? (Yes)

When will sanctioned matches start using the new rules? (Each sanctioned match can choose to use the old or new rules before June 1. Please see the IDPA Match listings, practiscore, and other information to determine which ones will use old or new rules.)

Are ranges allowed to restrict appendix carry holsters at IDPA Matches? (Yes, if the range safety rule restricts appendix carry holsters, but you must include the notification in all match notices and advertisements. It doesn’t matter what tier of match.)

Can any Division Firearm have a Weapon Mounted Light? (Yes)
    For adding a light or laser on your gun, does it still have to fit in the box and make weight? (Yes, it must fit the box and make weight and be a 60 lumens light with no additional weight added)

If the shooter uses a WML is it required to stay on the firearm for all stages or can it be put on / off at will. (No, it must stay on the firearm for all stages at a match)

Dropping an empty mag with a round in the chamber will not get a PE any longer.

Will printed copies of rulebook be available on IDPA website? (No, but it’s easy enough to take it to the local Kinkos/Staples and get it printed)

Are active lasers (PCC / CO) allowed to be turned on before the start signal (No, flashlight rules apply)

Can we still complete a stage with a mag in hand that we will not reuse?. (Yes)

Now that the fault lines don’t extend uprange, is it a penalty for a shooter to step past the back end of the stick? (Generally, yes, if the shooter is exposed to an unengaged target)

Can we place a fault line or other object to restrict a shooter from shooting behind the end of the fault line? (Yes, but you cannot create a shooting box. It can be a short fault line that creates a “corner.” Also, if you have a 8 foot fault line but you want to keep the shooter to less than 5 feet, you can place the rear fault line at 5 feet. We recommend using an object such as a barrel or chair for the rear limit.)

Must the shooter be within the length of the fault line to engage target(s) from the cover position the fault line indicates? (Yes, unless restricted by an object or a rear fault line)

Does a three foot fault line still allow a shooter to use a distance of 8 feet? (No)

If you have a wall and it cannot be used as a vision barrier then do all walls require a fault line. ? (No, only shooting positions of cover must have a fault line.)

What kinds of materials can I use for a vision barrier? (Barrels, canvas, fake trees, hanging sheets, vehicles, tires, etc)

Can a SSP firearm have a replacement barrel of a different color? (Yes, such as stainless steel).

How does this affect the SO and CSO tests? Changed? If not when? What about new SOI training deck? (IDPA HQ is working on new curriculum and will announce the new continuing education program which will include a powerpoint presentation for every Safety Officer)

Classifications no longer expire, although we encourage members to shoot one each year. The only exception is that for a TIer-5 match you must have shot a classifier within the previous year.

The 3/4 dowel is no longer required.

RE: 6.3.5 Can targets engaged thru a window less than 24” wide be in the open? (The rule says that a window larger than 24” MUST use a fault line, but a window less than 24” can either be in the open or using a fault line, a position of cover.)

8.5.1.12 What is the butt of handgun. (The highest point of the backstrap when holstered)

RE: 4.12.1.3. Can tuxedo and iron maiden style targets still be used in “standards” stages? (Yes, standards only)

In order to force head shots, that can be specified in the COF instead of painting the body black.
    A target can be painted up to 50% black for hard cover in horizontal, vertical, or diagonal fashion for scenario stages. It may be painted in other ways for standard stages.

Does appendix draw require concealment? (Yes)

If no dowel does that mean we can wear two part belts?

Belts still have to go thru belt loops on the pants.

thanks

User Tag List