Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022: New Rule Book

2022: New Rule Book

Carrying over from the Appendix Carry thread. New rules have been released. Go past the long in page.
    https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uplo...comparison.pdf
    https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uplo...pdate-deck.pdf

My thoughts:
    Rules have been clarified specifically permitting re-engagement of targets, no movement required, and that you can drop your mags on the table if you stay at the table are welcome. Additionally clarification that tac reloads can drop into your shoot me first pocket.

15 round for SSP is good I guess. I am a simple person and like that its in line with Production.

As an SO, someone needs to show me the proper way to holster an Appendix Carry as I am not familiar with it. The only time I saw one was an outlaw type match with a girl, which was actually a bit awkward for grandpa me as she didn't have a Tshirt underneath.

Rule limits fault line distance - no longer to infinity. Good for SOing, less options for competition, but its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Carrying over from the Appendix Carry thread. New rules have been released. Go past the long in page.
    https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uplo...comparison.pdf
    https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uplo...pdate-deck.pdf

My thoughts:
    Rules have been clarified specifically permitting re-engagement of targets, no movement required, and that you can drop your mags on the table if you stay at the table are welcome. Additionally clarification that tac reloads can drop into your shoot me first pocket.

15 round for SSP is good I guess. I am a simple person and like that its in line with Production.

As an SO, someone needs to show me the proper way to holster an Appendix Carry as I am not familiar with it. The only time I saw one was an outlaw type match with a girl, which was actually a bit awkward for grandpa me as she didn't have a Tshirt underneath.

Rule limits fault line distance - no longer to infinity. Good for SOing, less options for competition, but its fine.
    I'm still reading... I kinda like the SSP 15rd limit: It is a game and most stages will test a reload.

I'm glad that magazine carrier placement rules are relaxed now.

I'm curious about the limits/implementation of fault line rules.

We've got a good AC and a good local club here in Lakeland, FL - I'm sure the matches will reflect the excitement.

...As an SO, someone needs to show me the proper way to holster an Appendix Carry as I am not familiar with it. The only time I saw one was an outlaw type match with a girl, which was actually a bit awkward for grandpa me as she didn't have a Tshirt underneath.
    See

How To Safely Holster And Unholster Appendix Carry | Active Self Protection Extra
    Craig
    VCDL, ACLDN, SAF (Life), GOA, NRA (Benefactor Life), USAF Retired
    https://tinyurl.com/craig-trains

I first read through the 2022 changes review and saw laser/lights allowed. I shoot a Beretta 92 in SSP so I thought wow, 15 rnds, and a laser/light, this will be different. But then I went to the entire rules link and found mention of a factory built-in laser but nothing else. The index gives a page reference for light and a different page reference for laser but I found nothing on either page. I shoot two night matches each fall and my CTC laser/light combination is fantastic. I wouldn't mind the extra weight at all even when not using light or laser. I have a match this Saturday so I will take some extra ammo in case they allow 15 rnds.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I have a match this Saturday so I will take some extra ammo in case they allow 15 rnds.
    New rules take effect 1 June.
    Not saying what your Local might do.

You don't need many extra. The maximum rounds per string is still 18, although I think we will see more 17-18 round stages so SSP has to reload, too.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The maximum rounds per string is still 18, although I think we will see more 17-18 round stages so SSP has to reload, too.
    Yes I was thinking that it seems a little unfair that only one class has the expanded max rnds per mag. I know that officially, each class competes just w/ itself, but at our small 40-80 shooters matches, I usually just look at my overall finish position. Oh well maybe I will move up a little. Also I guess that they can limit us in the individual stage setup info.

Yes I was thinking that it seems a little unfair that only one class has the expanded max rnds per mag. I know that officially, each class competes just w/ itself, but at our small 40-80 shooters matches, I usually just look at my overall finish position. Oh well maybe I will move up a little. Also I guess that they can limit us in the individual stage setup info.
    I am sure the idea is to make SSP more attractive again. I wonder if Wilson is coming out with new SSP type pistols in the near term...

I think the consensus so far is that lights are permitted on SSP.

I wonder if this will give USPSA some pressure to go to 15 for Production also.

Wink

I am sure the idea is to make SSP more attractive again. I wonder if Wilson is coming out with new SSP type pistols in the near term...
    You a cynical guy. Ha, ha,. They do have some 320 frames/grips I think.

You a cynical guy. Ha, ha,. They do have some 320 frames/grips I think.
    Looked up on lark: January 2022
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...e-sub-compact/

15 rounder, can take WMLs, not CO sight ready

Site Supporter
    I like the new rulebook because it bumps the capacity for Compact Carry Pistol (CCP) to 10 rounds. The change has encouraged me to start participating in this division with my Beretta PX4 Compact Carry.

Keep in mind that one of the issues of IDPA is that local clubs often consider the rulebook a suggestion. The IDPA HQ is not quick to address this issue, and the Area Coordinators are out of touch with the local clubs because they reside far away from everything. So, a new rulebook, it is a nice suggestion. If you never shoot a match above the club level, as I do, there is a chance the new rules will not be taken seriously. If you are someone who goes to larger matches that are closer to IDPA HQ in command and control, then it will behoove you to know the new book well. You are on your own. No one is going to help you.

User Tag List