Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody, make flush fit mags for Glocks please

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    How about steel/alloy base plates? Or is that not a thing outside of +2 adapters?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    How would that print any less?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    How would that print any less?
    Thinner

Site Supporter
    Thinner

Lol the way a Glock baseplate attaches I don't see the material making a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Lol the way a Glock baseplate attaches I don't see the material making a difference.
    I don't know, I'm just saying, maybe it's a thing. I thought maybe someone else had the same idea and made something. I'm very much OEM so anything aftermarket may as well be Chinese rocket surgery for me. Besides I carry a G19X or 17 in the summer without issues so this particular problem doesn't effect me

How about steel/alloy base plates? Or is that not a thing outside of +2 adapters?

Those exist. Usually called "+0" baseplates. E.g. https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...oem-magazines/

Competitors like them because they add weight to the mag so it drops free easier/faster, even if their sport/division doesn't allow more capacity. (IDPA and Production are capped at 10 rounds per mag, but you still want the mags to come out easier).

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Those exist. Usually called "+0" baseplates. E.g. https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...oem-magazines/

Competitors like them because they add weight to the mag so it drops free easier/faster, even if their sport/division doesn't allow more capacity. (IDPA and Production are capped at 10 rounds per mag, but you still want the mags to come out easier).
    I was referring to something like this. Just a basic ass metal base plate circa 1990

If roughly 5/16s of an inch makes that much of a difference (and that by my measurment includes both the baseplate and the gap to the receiver bottom) in printing or not printing, I'd suggest an easier alternative approach would be to holistically re-evaluate your holster/holster positioning, belt and clothing choices.

I'm not a big guy, but with very little effort I can easily EDC a "big butt" Gen 3 G21. Easies (for me)t is with a quality IWB kydex holster, and, say, an infinitely adjustable Wilderness belt.

Actually, while it's probably not most people's holster of choice, it can also be easily achieved with Glock's $15 Sport/Combat OWB belt slide holster.

In my experience. I' MUCH rather have a thicker, more rounded basepad (like Glock's) than a thinner metal one with sharp corners (as on a High Power)...from the multiple aspects of durability. rust asnd comfort levels.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I was referring to something like this. Just a basic ass metal base plate circa 1990

Good thought but basepad is held on differently. Not conducive to that design.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Good thought but basepad is held on differently. Not conducive to that design.
    Gotcha!

Site Supporter
    The vickers tool kit/base pads do a good job of preventing the magazine from printing.

https://tangodown.com/vickers-tactic...ake-down-tool/

User Tag List