Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Accuracy on current production models

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    My brother has a 2.0 and a few 1.0s with aftermarket barrels that I used to own before giving them to him.

By several orders of magnitude, the guns with aftermarket barrels show significantly better accuracy.

The 2.0 that he has is quite inaccurate across multiple loads. He'll likely end up with an aftermarket barrel for that one too.

As for barrels that aren't Apex, the KKM he has is exceptionally accurate.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Glock is the only model KKM makes their barrel and comp for, correct?

I have an issued 4.25" inch 2.0 and several flavors of personally owned 1.0 and 2.0s and none have any problems holding the black in a B8 at 25 yards and I regularly practice with them at that range.

When my agency switched from the 4.25" 1.0 to the 2.0, all of our deputies noted their accuracy scores improving with the change.
    Whether it is because of the improved trigger or improved barrel I cannot say.

I just fitted my second Apex barrel and thought I would add a few things:

The ones they sell to the public are the "Semi-Fit" versions, and it is pretty simple. They used to sell a "Gunsmith Fit" version that requires a milling machine but now that is a special order deal. The first one I did was a long time ago and their jig was not available. The one I just did I bought the jig, but the barrel pretty much dropped in. Maybe there was some variation in the barrel or the slide, but the hood was a pretty nice fit without doing anything. The lug was probably too tight of a fit, but I just shot it for ~150 rounds before I started trusting it for matches. Initially it was a little reluctant to close, but now it works just like I would want it to.

I bought one of the "Friends & Family" blemished barrels, it was only $122. I just bought another 5" M&P (that I plan to have direct milled) and I will probably do the same thing. Or maybe since the thing is going to be riding under a $500 SRO I might splurge and skip the blemish option...

It is hard to quantify on reliability because the thing would have to fail first. I have mainly focused on them for a long time, and the first 5" 2.0 I shot from Feb19 until recently, when I replaced it with another 5" 2.0. The first one I left internally stock, and only changed the sights (Dawson FO front and rear). Over the span of using the first one at least every weekend for over three years I do not think it ever failed except for something directly related to ammo (that small rifle primer idea didn't work out as well in a match as it did in practice...). The 4.25" 1.0 I put the first Apex barrel in also worked fine, to the best of my recollection. My new 5" 2.0 with the Apex barrel is still new, but to this point has never stumbled (probably only 500-750 rounds). I would suspect if you put it in a mud bath and did other things it might induce more failure, it just fits tighter. IME reliability is difficult to quantify when the stuff never fails.

In regard to accuracy, I have not done any legitimate validation, my eyesight is probably just a weak link. Plus at the same time as I changed the barrel (not sure I even shot the pistol before modifying it) I did the flat trigger conversion and it is very nice, so I am really not sure what would be the barrel and what would be the trigger. On that side note I used the factory trigger return spring and their HEAVIER sear spring, what their matrix says should be 5.0 pounds, and it is very nice and I am very happy. Maybe when I get the third one setup with the red dot I can report back, but that is going to be a while.

Obviously I really like the 5" guns, the way they look and the way the shoot and the way they ride in an IWB holster. I mostly carry the 4" 2.0 15rnd Compact because it is just brain dead to conceal. but the big ones are very easy to hide. Mostly in the JMCK IWB-3, 15deg for the 5" and 10deg for the 4".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Glock is the only model KKM makes their barrel and comp for, correct?
    I believe so...though I'm not sure if apex has threaded barrels for compensators from other shops

I'm not sure if apex has threaded barrels for compensators from other shops
    They sure do.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Name:  41749619-A024-40BF-96BC-F81832C42EA5.jpg
Views: 1742
Size:  49.9 KB
    I believe so...though I'm not sure if apex has threaded barrels for compensators from other shops

The Agency comp will work with Apex gunsmith fit barrels, I’m pretty sure the Parker mountain would fit too based on my other PMM comps.

I owned a 2.0 4 inch 9mm and 5 inch 40SW model for a while and did not notice any major accuracy issue. I still own a 5 inch 9mm M2.0 that my wife uses for HD. Seems to be gret as well. I am assuming that most officers that carry an M&P are running the 4.25. Has anyone with extensive experience with the M2.0 noticed great differenced between the 4", 4.25" and 5 inch? I am possibly looking to go all in on the M2.0 optics ready. Seems the only 5 inch OR option is the PC CORE model. Pretty much all reviews I see online, with any model, say they are good to go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    I owned a 2.0 4 inch 9mm and 5 inch 40SW model for a while and did not notice any major accuracy issue. I still own a 5 inch 9mm M2.0 that my wife uses for HD. Seems to be gret as well. I am assuming that most officers that carry an M&P are running the 4.25. Has anyone with extensive experience with the M2.0 noticed great differenced between the 4", 4.25" and 5 inch? I am possibly looking to go all in on the M2.0 optics ready. Seems the only 5 inch OR option is the PC CORE model. Pretty much all reviews I see online, with any model, say they are good to go.
    I've gone all in on the latest 2022 flat trigger optics ready 2.0s after carrying a 2.0 4" 2017-2019 and then Beretta and Glock 2020-2021. Now I just have 2 of the recent 2.0 models and am very happy with them. 508Tx2s on CHPWS plates on both guns. Both keep 124 grain Norma and Gold Dot in the black or better on 25 yard B8s.

Vending Machine Operator
    My 9mm M2.0 4" is quite accurate. My .45 4.6" M2.0 is exceptionally accurate, only bested by the wonderful Sig P220R I used to own.

However, my Gen 5 19 and 17 are lasers. Hard to top Gen 5 accuracy in a poly gun so far as I've encountered.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Resurrecting this old thread. Do the accuracy issues seem to be relegated to particular barrel lengths or has this been documented across the 9mm lineup as a whole? I had one of the M&P 1.0 4.25” that patterned at 25 yards from a rest and I sold it. But if I recall this was not the same case with the subcompact model with the 3.6” barrels.

Fast forward now we have the compacts with 3.6” and 4” and the FS with 4.25” and 5” barrel lengths. The LGS has been advertising an upcoming S&W event along with factory rebates which makes it tempting to pickup another as I loved the ergonomics just about more than anything else. Just curious about more data as time has passed.

User Tag List