Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Accuracy on current production models

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Tom, can you spitball group size at 25 in inches?
    Eager to know this as well. I randomly want a metal.m&p9.

No idea why

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Eager to know this as well. I randomly want a metal.m&p9.

No idea why
    I have a friend who shot one in uspsa CO (with a five inch 2.0 polymer pistol upper with an Apex barrel) for a while, and he shot it great. When I coonfingered the metal M&P, I really liked it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a friend who shot one in uspsa CO (with a five inch 2.0 polymer pistol upper with an Apex barrel) for a while, and he shot it great. When I coonfingered the metal M&P, I really liked it.
    The 5 inch m&p9s shoot so well

Before my wife went to p365 series she would carry a m&p.compact. those also shot great

Here is my friend, Ryan, shooting the M&P metal:

I look forward to this. Please post some photos of your groups with their approximate size at 25 so we can make comparisons.
    Absolutely. I'm trying to hock a Glock 34 G4. Once it sells, M&P Metal here I come. So for now, here are some samples of 20 yard offhand shooting with 124gr STV. I'll also include a PDP target, same distance, same ammo since it's in the conversation for great accuracy/precision OoB.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    Absolutely. I'm trying to hock a Glock 34 G4. Once it sells, M&P Metal here I come. So for now, here are some samples of 20 yard offhand shooting with 124gr STV. I'll also include a PDP target, same distance, same ammo since it's in the conversation for great accuracy/precision OoB.

Great shooting

Site Supporter
    I haven't shot a lot of groups with it. Most firing has been shooting drills and comparing scores to my customized Glocks. The M&P is a bit easier to score well with.

The one time I shot for groups, I got about 1.5"- 1.75" at 20 yards. That is offhand, with 70 year old eyes and iron sights, using a bright green 3" paster as an aiming point.

This afternoon, I took my 2.0 five inch M&P with an OEM barrel, and the same with a Randy Lee fit Apex barrel, to the range. Hardly scientific but I shot one five shot group at 25 yards with each pistol with Federal Syntech 150 and PMC 124.

First I shot the 2.0 with the OEM barrel with Syntech.

Name:  1D89F83A-2C22-46A2-B65E-99285DC0AFAA.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  32.9 KB

Then the OEM gun with PMC 124.

Name:  6B06C99B-AE4B-4D3F-AD29-12B73F4019C1.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  27.9 KB

Then the Apex five inch gun with Syntech.

Name:  D8F18C47-702C-4FD8-A15D-AF065977BF67.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  30.6 KB

Than the Apex gun with PMC 124.

Name:  EB906EC3-6B05-4AD4-ACBC-4E01B2B02C4E.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  32.7 KB

Then I shot my Glock 19 with the Mayhem barrel and new OEM performance trigger with Syntech.

Name:  68B5DD68-1C59-483F-B27E-7F0FAD6AE28C.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  30.9 KB

Then I shot the 19 in my pants with Gold Dot 124+P. It also has a Mayhem barrel and comp.

Name:  F32A6C96-43F7-4321-B523-B96A76F070F1.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  34.6 KB

These are anecdotes not data, but the accuracy I experienced with the 2.0 five inch with the OEM barrel is typical of what I experienced at 25 yards over the year I shot it in USPSA CO.

From a purely performance standpoint, would you recommend going with the 5” over the 4.25”? My agency just approved the M&Ps, so I’ve been looking into them as an option. I generally lean towards Glock 34s over 17s, but it’s likely just carryover from shooting production, not sure that the extra slide length gives me anything over a 17 with a dot.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    From a purely performance standpoint, would you recommend going with the 5” over the 4.25”? My agency just approved the M&Ps, so I’ve been looking into them as an option. I generally lean towards Glock 34s over 17s, but it’s likely just carryover from shooting production, not sure that the extra slide length gives me anything over a 17 with a dot.
    Anecdotally, I believe the 4.25 may be a bit more accurate than a 5 inch. For iron sight use, the extra sight radius of the 5 might offset the possible accuracy gain of the 4.25, but with a dot I find 4.25-4.6 ideal for how the slide tracks and general comfort carrying. Especially if you use a TLR-7, where if you use an X-300, then the 5 inch is no disadvantage in holster length.

Lots of pros and cons, that gets down to them both being reasonable choices. For USPSA Carry Optics, I prefer 5 inch with an Apex barrel, but prefer for EDC the 4 or 4.25. Given the choice, I would rather have a direct milled slide than the CORE system and factory BUIS.

User Tag List