Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Accuracy on current production models

S&W M&P 2.0 Accuracy on current production models

I haven’t been keeping track of the M&P world for a few years now and I was wondering if anyone had any updated data on M&P 2.0 9mm accuracy numbers? Particular groups beyond 25 yards. Have the accuracy issues that plagued the 1.0’s been fixed?

The fact that this is still a recurring question, keeps justifying my switch to Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    I haven’t been keeping track of the M&P world for a few years now and I was wondering if anyone had any updated data on M&P 2.0 9mm accuracy numbers? Particular groups beyond 25 yards. Have the accuracy issues that plagued the 1.0’s been fixed?
    2.0 pistols with OEM barrels shoot better than 1.0 pistols, but not Glock Gen 5 good. Apex barrels fix that.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The 5” guns tend to be tack drivers... but like GJM said, the Apex barrels in the 4.25” guns are game changers. Every manufacturer/model has the good and bad and I actually like and flip between both Glock and M&P, with some others sprinkled in.

So in other words....no.

My 2.0 compact patterned with most ammo beyond 15 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    The 5” guns tend to be tack drivers... but like GJM said, the Apex barrels in the 4.25” guns are game changers. Every manufacturer/model has the good and bad and I actually like and flip between both Glock and M&P, with some others sprinkled in.
    Has there been a notable difference observed in accuracy between the 5in and 4.25in guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    So in other words....no.

My 2.0 compact patterned with most ammo beyond 15 yards.
    That’s what I was afraid of…….

Has there been a notable difference observed in accuracy between the 5in and 4.25in guns?
    Yes, but I also think it has a bit to do with Ammo. The 5” guns tend to be observably more accurate than the 4.25” guns, but good fitted Apex barrels make it moot.

I find the stock 4.25” guns seem to have relatively poor accuracy with 115-124gr loads but shoot well with 147gr.

With that, I’m carrying one with a stock 4.25” barrel (tested with 147gr HST) and I’m shooting a couple with Apex barrels for teaching, training, and practice.

Site Supporter
    Small sample size, but I have a new production flat trigger 2.0C and 2.0F and both surprised me by keeping 5 shot groups in the 10 ring of a B8 at 25 yards with Norma 124gr.

2.0 pistols, in my experience, are more ammo sensitive than G5 Glock pistols. G5 will shoot almost anything accurately, but you need to find a load in 2.0 guns, to get G5 accuracy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List