Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom IWB sheaths

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I feel like there is definitely a market for the "Tracker Dan Style" or Sayoc style sheaths. They make carrying fixed blades so easy. Some enterprising guy should start a business.
    I agree. I think Bladerigs was the only dude who was doing them and it looks like he's no longer.

Maybe it’s not profitable? I don’t believe there is a single shop taking custom work for such a sheath. I need several and I’d pay for quality just like I will for a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Maybe it’s not profitable? I don’t believe there is a single shop taking custom work for such a sheath. I need several and I’d pay for quality just like I will for a holster.
    I don't think it would be cost effective in terms of $/hr. Just the DCC clip is quite pricey. You'd probably have to charge $150 to make it work your while.

Quote Originally Posted by NoLock View Post
    I agree. I think Bladerigs was the only dude who was doing them and it looks like he's no longer.
    Offensive Industries will do custom sheaths, dependent on model and their current production needs.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Offensive Industries will do custom sheaths, dependent on model and their current production needs.
    I just recieved live blade and trainer sheaths from him. Live blade sheath is going back as the retention is too loose. Trainer sheath came out great. Took about 6 weeks. Hoping to get my blade and sheath back much sooner as it's a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I just recieved live blade and trainer sheaths from him. Live blade sheath is going back as the retention is too loose. Trainer sheath came out great. Took about 6 weeks. Hoping to get my blade and sheath back much sooner as it's a remake.
    Would you mind sharing how you contacted OI? I tried and failed to get a response from them before I started this thread.

Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Would you mind sharing how you contacted OI? I tried and failed to get a response from them before I started this thread.

Thanks
    IG.

Bumping this to see if anyone else has input, or success with OI?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Bumping this to see if anyone else has input, or success with OI?
    I would try IG; although I recently noticed they eliminated a lot of the kydex options from their website, so perhaps they have moved away from it.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Just a couple of thoughts - I'm just getting hip deep into this kydex bending world. But one of the challenge is, to get something right takes several iterations and hours of time. So, for it to be profitable, you need to have a few specific models and volume. Volume has to make up the cost. There is pretty much no profit to be had in bending a one-off knife sheath even at $100/sheath. Not because of materials (although materials aren't cheap either), but because of the labor involved in getting it right.

That said - can you guys give me a general list of the kinds of knives you want a 'Sayoc-style' sheath for? I make no promises, but I can apply some brain power to seeing if there is a way to 'universalize' a sheath of that design flavor.

User Tag List