Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom IWB sheaths

Custom IWB sheaths

Who do we like for custom IWB sheaths these days? I’m interested in someone who is accepting work currently and ideally would make something in the neighborhood of the symmetrical/ ambi sheath variety using one of the modern metal clips. Something akin to the tracker Dan style that once came with certain models of Watson and other custom works.

In the past I’ve gone through Special Circumstances (no longer operating), DSG, and others for sheath work but It seems like as the once niche holster makers have grown and solidified into larger operations that very few folks offer custom kydex IWB sheaths anymore. I’m sure that’s probably a profit/time related issue.

Any recommendations?

Offensive Industries seems to make some cool deep carry IWB knife sheaths. I wish I could recommend him. However, that fucker took my money for two kydex sheaths in 2020 and never delivered anything. Doesn't react to any social media messages or emails. So take from that what you wish.

I would reach out to Dark Star Gear via email. He has made some excellent sheaths for me in the past.

His sheaths are highly functional, well thought-out, and have a minimal footprint. Just like his holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would reach out to Dark Star Gear via email. He has made some excellent sheaths for me in the past.

His sheaths are highly functional, well thought-out, and have a minimal footprint. Just like his holsters.
    Thanks! I have several sheaths from DSG and he hooked me up with some clips for some sheaths once. I will definitely go back to him but I didn’t get the impression he does many one offs for the general public anymore. just wondering about what else is even available.

Zulu Bravo is an option. He seems more focused on making his own knives right now but I’m pretty sure he still does sheaths and trainers for other knives. I have an Izula trainer and sheath from him to match my Izula with its Dark Star sheath. For IWB, he does a lot of really cool designs with DCC clips. Very minimal and functional looking. He’ll also do regrind, wrapping, scales, etc. for other makers’ knives if that’s a thing you’re interested in.

He can be slow but not anywhere close to ghost you for two years and keep your money level BS. Just normal one man shop doing a lot of work stuff.

Edited to add that the snap retention on my trainer sheath is amazing. I’m sure a sheath custom made to a specific knife would be equally so.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    If you get a hold of Zulu Bravo, let us know. I've talked with @Elwin about this last year, but I never was able to get hold of him after several tries, which is a shame, because I really did want to get some work done.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    If you get a hold of Zulu Bravo, let us know. I've talked with @Elwin about this last year, but I never was able to get hold of him after several tries, which is a shame, because I really did want to get some work done.
    Will do, I hit up the website email a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he’s getting up to speed and getting more on top of things. I know starting and expanding a business is an ordeal. I do remember having to ask for updates but getting responses, and he even worked with me to make sure I had my trainer before ECQC (though just barely).

I have several but my favorite is my Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. It and a good gun belt makes carrying my stainless commander sized 1911 very comfortable all day.
    Name:  Wilson Professional.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  53.9 KB

I will probably look to Bladerigs for a deep pocket sheath for my RAT in the very near future. Might check the website to see if you can find what your looking for.

User Tag List