Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosch Legacy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You guys are a tough crowd. Between this show, Tehran, Longmire and Joe Pickett, my wife and I are entertained until the new Yellowstone and spin offs drop.
    Don't forget Ozark!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Don't forget Ozark!
    I just finished this...Like The Shield for plot twists, both the obvious and the not so obvious...Like The Shield it held on for a good bit too long.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I just finished this...Like The Shield for plot twists, both the obvious and the not so obvious...Like The Shield it held on for a good bit too long.

pat
    Haven't found the gumption to watch the last 7 episodes yet. This last season was a mixed bag for me.
    I'll catch up on the ending in the next week or so, I expect.
    Hopefully all the right people suffer
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

You guys are a tough crowd. Between this show, Tehran, Longmire and Joe Pickett, my wife and I are entertained until the new Yellowstone and spin offs drop.
    We just started Tehran yesterday. Seems good so far.

Last year the lady mocked me for Longmire. I made her watch one episode with me, and now we're into season 4.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    We just started Tehran yesterday. Seems good so far.

Last year the lady mocked me for Longmire. I made her watch one episode with me, and now we're into season 4.
    Vic sure has mastered RBF.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Vic sure has mastered RBF.
    It's clear she had some cosmetic surgery done going into that last season or two, and it shows in a less than beautiful way.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Bosch is the only detective show I can stand for some reason. I think a lot of the acting isn't great but the writing and storylines are superb. Keeps me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The scene when Harry was unsure whether or not his daughter and been shot was pretty powerful.

I want to ask a question about one of the crimes going on, but I don't want to spoil things for others. So here is what I'm going to try: The text below is in white, so you'll have to highlight it to see it.

The part about Carl Rodgers and the other guys, with the Russian mob, baffles me. OK, I can understand them stealing gasoline, but the question is whether or not the payoff is worth the effort. So they steal a tanker-load of gas. That's what, ten thousand gallons or so? Even if they sell every gallon and keep every cent, since the show was shot in LA, that's what, forty grand tr 2021 prices. Rogers was into the Russian mob for forty million; I just don't see how they could steal a thousand truckloads of gas and have it go undetected.

What am I missing?
    The writers seem to be loosely inspired by a story line from one of the books in the Lincoln Lawyer series (The Law of Innocence). There it was a Vegas Mob running a scam on the US government by saying they were producing renewable fuel, which the government subsidized at like $2/gal, when they were really just driving the same trucks in and out & pretending to load & unload them. Each truckload was only worth a couple hundred dollars, but by running 25 of them around the clock for a couple of years they got $9 million.

I think that Michael Connelly story line was loosely based on this: https://www.environmentalleader.com/...biofuels-scam/

I am. I'm making it through. 6 episodes so far. Watchable but graded a C+. Maddie was a fit as an angst ridden college kid. As an LAPD patrolman delivering every line happy or sad like she's choking on her tongue is wearing thin for me.

But what do I know. I also found Longmire unwatchable when the young and beautiful are dating and running for sheriff and whatever. LOL
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Episode 8, the new Taran girl, Tetiana Gaidar, is the assassin. Starts at 39:06.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List