Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosch Legacy

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The scene when Harry was unsure whether or not his daughter and been shot was pretty powerful.

I want to ask a question about one of the crimes going on, but I don't want to spoil things for others. So here is what I'm going to try: The text below is in white, so you'll have to highlight it to see it.

The part about Carl Rodgers and the other guys, with the Russian mob, baffles me. OK, I can understand them stealing gasoline, but the question is whether or not the payoff is worth the effort. So they steal a tanker-load of gas. That's what, ten thousand gallons or so? Even if they sell every gallon and keep every cent, since the show was shot in LA, that's what, forty grand tr 2021 prices. Rogers was into the Russian mob for forty million; I just don't see how they could steal a thousand truckloads of gas and have it go undetected.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 05-15-2022 at 04:47 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

There are quite a few plot holes imho...some of which are really annoying...but...that's entertainment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The scene when Harry was unsure whether or not his daughter and been shot was pretty powerful.

I want to ask a question about one of the crimes going on, but I don't want to spoil things for others. So here is what I'm going to try: The text below is in white, so you'll have to highlight it to see it.
    Your logic is solid, I agree that the plot device is pretty thin.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I agree that Welliver did a good job with that scene. I fast-forwarded through parts of episodes 5-6, which I have not done in the past.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Talk about hedging your bets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Straight up, then. Bosch and Loudermilk have been the only series worth watching since The Wire. Everything else sucks.

Better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I agree that Welliver did a good job with that scene. I fast-forwarded through parts of episodes 5-6, which I have not done in the past.

That'll teach you to doubt me.

(I'm still enjoying it for the most part...despite the shortcomings.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    (I'm still enjoying it for the most part...despite the shortcomings.)
    Same. It's TV... well shot... Really like that Crate & Barrel made the move.

I want to feed poor malnourished Maddie a pizza. Would love to see Billets as a Captain... Otherwise, good fun.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I want to feed poor malnourished Maddie a pizza.
    And if the camera makes you look fat, Oy Vey...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And if the camera makes you look fat, Oy Vey...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Cameras don't make anyone look fat, barring lenses that are designed to skew the image horizontally. Most people are fatter than they think they are.

The difference between still and video is that many people can suck their fat in or obtain a better angle statically, but not dynamically. Also, harder to get lighting right.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Most people are fat...
    fixed
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You guys are a tough crowd. Between this show, Tehran, Longmire and Joe Pickett, my wife and I are entertained until the new Yellowstone and spin offs drop.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List