Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorbikes, guns and museums

Motorbikes, guns and museums

This last weekend I was released from my normal daddy daycare duties and decided to go for a ride on my bike, which is a KLR 650 (enduro).

The short version is that I hopped on my bike and rode from central Idaho, through Yellowstone, to Cody Wyoming. I decided that since I had never been to the Buffalo Bill historic center/ Cody Firearms Museum, it was a great time to do so.

I was relieved to arrive in Cody in one piece after a phenomenally close call involving dumbassed tourists who stop in the middle of the road, on a blind curve to get out and look at buffalo. I came to a stop literally close enough to a bull to poke him in the eye.

The museum was awesome. In fact it is by far the coolest museum I have ever been to, by a long shot.

The ride back took me northwest along the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway, which is both visually incredible and a super twisty road that bikers go nuts over.

Overall it was 887 miles of mental health break!

Pics to follow
    “Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.”

― George Orwell, 1984

The handgun of choice for the weekend was one of my old Model 29s (.44 mag ) with warm loads since I was sleeping part of the weekend in a hammock in big bear country.

This particular .44 was one I used to finish off a double lunged buff a few years back with a brain pan shot. I knew the load had enough juice to go completely through a big buffalo's skull.

I came across some deer wading a river north east of the park.

“Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.”

― George Orwell, 1984

TWISTYS!!

― George Orwell, 1984

If I could preselect my dreams, they'd look like this

The smoke from various fires did not help the scenery any.

― George Orwell, 1984

The museum is a mecca for gun guys:

― George Orwell, 1984

[QUOTE=Lost River;346238]The museum is a mecca for gun guys:

AMEN !

Very cool pictures dude.
    Last edited by Colt191145lover; 08-29-2015 at 02:10 PM.

― George Orwell, 1984

Teddy Roosevelt's saddle and rifle:

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The museum is a mecca for gun guys:

Disclaimer;
    High capacity pictures not legal in CA,NY, NJ, CT, CO and DC!
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List