Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Beautiful!

Hello, Beautiful!

Where have you been all my life?

Name:  S2 OR.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  71.4 KB

I put in an order for this under the LE program early last fall, and had actually forgotten about the order. The call came in last night, and I picked this gorgeous beast up this morning. Of course, it's going to snow tomorrow, but I'll have her on the range by Sunday...

Local place has the SAO version that calls to me every time I go in there. The want isn’t strong enough to make decide what would be sold off to offset the cost but I may not be able to hold out much longer…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Vending Machine Operator
    I dig those grips. Nice shootin’ iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Local place has the SAO version that calls to me every time I go in there. The want isn’t strong enough to make decide what would be sold off to offset the cost but I may not be able to hold out much longer…
    The placement of the thumb safety is such that I wouldn't really be into the SAO version of this, personally. In fact, if there was a way to convert that safety to a decocker, I'd be a lot more happy. The DA on this critter is fabulous - no reason not to work it!

Beautiful pistol. Really like the colors in that grip panel. I got a 97BD and I kinda be thinking those grips would look good on her too.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Beautiful pistol. Really like the colors in that grip panel. I got a 97BD and I kinda be thinking those grips would look good on her too.
    VZ Hyena has become my "go to" for anything I need new grips on.

I have the same pistol with different Lok grips and it is an amazingly accurate shooter! Put a RDS on it and have fun at the range. You will love it!

First 10

I DON'T shoot 25 yard groups very often, because I suck at it. But, since this was a brand new gun, I decided to shoot the first 10 at a B8 at 25 yards. Didn't do anything to the sights, and was "driving the dot" with the red FO. My eyes aren't what they used to be, but this is what I got, shooting S&B cheap (by today's standards) 124gr FMJ:

Name:  S2 OR first 10.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  43.5 KB
    I see that as a 96 or 97 2X. Not shabby for an old dude with a new gun!

Running fast on steel I'm going to need practice - kept missing low as I'm driving the nose down anticipating the G19 recoil that doesn't exist with this pistol.

That one's high up there on my "grail gun" list. An Orange version would cement it at the top.

Among the reasons I don't buy one, is the shear cost, and the logical argument that I can do so much with my current inventory of guns with the cost of one of the S2s.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    That one's high up there on my "grail gun" list. An Orange version would cement it at the top.

Among the reasons I don't buy one, is the shear cost, and the logical argument that I can do so much with my current inventory of guns with the cost of one of the S2s.
    Yup, this one cost me a little more than three Blue Label Glocks. However, it cost about 1/2 of a Staccato P DPO, which I see it as a direct competitor with. The only thing on the market that shoots this well is a Sig X5, but they're out of production, and the new Legion X5s are reportedly accuracy challenged.

It's easy to justify some things!

User Tag List