Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: MRDS Quick Reference Cards

Engineering Notice 20231208: QRC for Viridian RFX added

A new QRC for the Viridian RFX45 has been added to the Google Drive. This optic can be found in the Viridian directory.

The RFX45 is a $459 MSRP, closed emitter green dot reflex sight, featuring manual-brightness control with 8 daylight settings and 2 night vision settings. The RFX45 uses the ACRO footprint, and is IPX6 rated with a 6061 AL body.

As always, all QRCs can be found in the Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xvvAl8CFsAZX8t

Thanks, these are very helpful.

Here is the info for the Steiner MPS if anyone is interested:

Turn on/Adjust brightness: +/-
    Lock brightness adjustment buttons: Press and hold both “+ & -“ buttons at the same time for 5 sec.
    Disable auto-off: Press and hold both “+ & -“ buttons at the same time for 10 sec. dot will flash (disables brightness level 8)
    8 brightness levels: 6 day/ night modes, 2 night vision compatible modes.
    RETICLE 3.3 MO
    BATTERY CR163
    WINDAGE/ ELEVATION CLICK VALUE: 1 MOA per clic
    WATERPROOF/ FOGPROOF: 10 meters
    mount torque: 2.5 Nm
    Footprint: ACRO* (close, but may not work with every plate)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/947210.pdf
    https://www.steiner-optics.com/battl...uct/2/2944.htm

Engineering Notice 20231220: QRC for Viridian RFX44 added

A new QRC for the Viridian RFX44 has been added to the Google Drive. This optic can be found in the Viridian directory.

The RFX44 is a $459 MSRP, compact, closed emitter green dot reflex sight, featuring manual-brightness control with 8 daylight settings and 2 night vision settings. The RFX44 uses the ACRO footprint, and can be adapted to other mounts via plates (sold separately). The optic is IPX6 rated with a 6061 AL body.

Engineering Notice 20240207: QRC for Canik M01 added

A new QRC for the Canik M01 has been added to the Google Drive. This optic can be found in the Canik directory.

The M01 is a $249 MSRP, compact, open emitter 3 MOA red dot reflex sight, featuring automatic-only brightness control with 10 settings. The M01 has a glass lens, RMSc footprint, is IPX7 rated with a 6061 AL body, and a bottom loading CR2032 battery.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    This is an RFI for any changes, corrections that need to be made, or suggestions for style changes for a potential Revision 11 series update.

I've noticed that for some reason, when I switched from a previous Linux Mint (18) laptop (Acer) to a newer Gateway Desktop with the current Linux Mint (21), the instance of Libre Office I have seems to have made some changes to how the text renders in *.odg files. I use the Libre Office Draw tool which creates *.odg files, then export to PDF for publish all the QRCs. As a result, my current set of original *.odg files are a little "off", so I will need to at some point fix these.

At the same time, the cards have been out for a while now, so if there are specific things that need to be fixed, I can do that in Rev 11 over the next month or three as I go, as well.

Another consistency thing I want to incorporate is to add install torques and screws sizes, where known, for all current optic models.

Thanks...
    This is a request for any updates or improvements for a potential Revision 12 series update for 2024.

I have plans to:

- Create a Steiner MPS QRC
    - Over time, update all current Rev 9/10/11 QRCs to Rev 12 (2024) for formatting and consistency.
    - Create a downloadable compressed *.zip file containing "all" 2024 released pdf files. When unzippped, this would allow a user to have a complete set of QRCs. This is intended for someone who might wanted to have all the QRCs at their fingertips, but did not want to go through downloading each one separately, such as for Armorer or Department use.
    - Address any errors or omissions through this process

If you have anything specific that needs to be fixed on a card, please let me know. Otherwise I'll get to this later on this year.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-19-2024 at 06:28 AM.

Engineering Notice 20240326: QRC for Steiner MPS added

A new QRC for the Steiner MPS has been added to the Google Drive. This optic can be found in the new Steiner directory.

The MPS is a $633 MSRP, double stack, sealed emitter 3.3 MOA red dot reflex sight to the ACRO footprint.

I need a volunteer who is relatively computer savvy to conduct a little test for me please:

Could someone navigate to the Google drive, search for and find the zip file directory. Then download the "Test" *.zip, unpack it, and see if it populates with a set of *.pdf files.

Right now I'm doing this on a Linux machine. I am maybe halfway through upgrading the QRCs to Revision 12, and want to confirm 1) the process I'm using to create the zip file works, and 2) the files are in whole complete form after they unpack.

Appreciate it!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Could someone navigate to the Google drive, search for and find the zip file directory. Then download the "Test" *.zip, unpack it, and see if it populates with a set of *.pdf files.
    Oops, the file is there and working!

Name:  20240327_Test Zip.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  59.6 KB
    Last edited by mark7; 03-27-2024 at 08:46 AM.
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    Oops, the file is there and working!
    Awesome! Thank you for doing that.

I should be done with Rev 12 by some time in April, more or less.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-27-2024 at 11:36 AM.

Thank you mods / admins for the title edit!

User Tag List