Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MRDS Quick Reference Cards

There is some confusion on my part on whether or not the new Holosun EPS/EPS carry single dot (2 MOA or 6 MOA) MRDS do / do not have solar backup. The Holosun web site would indicate they do...but I've had some folks tell me on inspection that they do not.

If you have recently received a new EPS or EPS Carry MRDS, with the single dot (Red or Green, 2 or 6 MOA, only) reticle, could you let me know (here or PM) if it does or does not have solar backup?

TIA

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    There is some confusion on my part on whether or not the new Holosun EPS/EPS carry single dot (2 MOA or 6 MOA) MRDS do / do not have solar backup...

Rich
    Revised 10.1 versions of all six EPS/EPS Carry MRDS QRCs below. Apparently the multi-reticle versions are the only ones with Solar, so that was removed from the four single dot size models. I also added the missing "-" button control in the two MRS versions.

GREEN

qrc_epsg2_v10.1.pdf
    qrc_epsg6_v10.1.pdf
    qrc_epsgm_v10.1.pdf

RED

qrc_epsr2_v10.1.pdf
    qrc_epsr6_v10.1.pdf
    qrc_epsrm_v10.1.pdf

Revised 10.1 versions of all six EPS/EPS Carry MRDS QRCs below...
    Sigh.

Just a heads up, but it appears there is another subtle difference between the EPS and EPS Carry. I'm informed by a user that the EPS (only) has automatic and manual brightness; the EPS Carry has manual only. Both have lockout mode, apparently.

But until I get this confirmed, by Holosun actually publishing the User Manuals so I can confirm, I'll hold off on updating these six QRCs.

FYI, for Romeo 1 Pros - I just got off the phone with Sig support; my R1P died. I replaced the battery with a new one, but no joy. I called their CS line, and was informed after replacing the battery and waiting a minute or to, to then press the UP arrow for 5 seconds, release, and press/release the up arrow 5-7 more times. If the dot doesn't return, wait a minute, then try it again. If it still doesn't return, contact Sig CS for an RMA or other support.

For me, it finally woke up on second 4 of pressing the button...so I'm thinking there's some sort of factory reset that it needs to do when replacing the battery? Either that or I'm a complete idiot...

Anyway, it might be worth adding to the QRC that on battery replacement, hold down the UP arrow until a dot re-appears?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    FYI, for Romeo 1 Pros - I just got off the phone with Sig support; my R1P died. I replaced the battery with a new one, but no joy. I called their CS line, and was informed after replacing the battery and waiting a minute or to, to then press the UP arrow for 5 seconds, release, and press/release the up arrow 5-7 more times. If the dot doesn't return, wait a minute, then try it again. If it still doesn't return, contact Sig CS for an RMA or other support.

For me, it finally woke up on second 4 of pressing the button...so I'm thinking there's some sort of factory reset that it needs to do when replacing the battery? Either that or I'm a complete idiot...

Anyway, it might be worth adding to the QRC that on battery replacement, hold down the UP arrow until a dot re-appears?
    I'll definitely look into that, thanks.

Still working on validating the EPS and EPS Carry options across the set of 12 sku's that represent all these optics.

I have developed the working "truth table" below. If you receive and start to use one of these optics, and have any information that would contradict what's shown here, would you let me know? Since the manuals are not yet released but some optics are, I am hoping to crowd source valid input from owners to be able to update these six QRCs more or less correctly in revision 10.2. TIA. Rich

Name:  Screenshot from 2022-08-15 18-51-52.png
Views: 356
Size:  18.6 KB

Just noticed this thread got stickied. Many thanks.

Still working on validating the EPS and EPS Carry options across the set of 12 sku's that represent all these optics.

I have developed the working "truth table" below...
    I emailed Holosun CS last week and got a reply yesterday confirming the "Truth Table" is correct. I'll be updating the Holosun EPS and EPS Carry MRDS QRCs "soon". It is turning out to be too confusing to combine EPS and EPS Carry MRDS on the same QRC, so most likely I will end up creating 12 QRCs, one for each of the separate sku's for this MRDS.

As mentioned, I was able to confirm the features of the Holosun EPS and EPS Carry MRDS directly with Holosun Customer Service. I very much appreciate their assistance.

With that, I was able to create QRCs for all 12 of the Holosun EPS MRDS, including Red vs. Green, EPS vs. EPS Carry, Solar vs. no Solar, Automatic vs. Manual Brightness, each, for all three of the reticle options (2 MOA Dot only, 6 MOA Dot only, and Multi-Reticle.)

The EPS QRCs are posted below in groups. First is by EPS vs. EPS Carry. Second is by reticle color, red or green. Then within that, by reticle, 2 MOA, then 6 MOA then Multi. Letters/numbers in the file name provide they key to which MRDS is which; 2=2 MOA Dot, 6=6 MOA Dot, m=Multi-Reticle.

EPS QRCs:

Red EPS

qrc_epsr2_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epsr6_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epsrm_v10.2.pdf

Green EPS

qrc_epsg2_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epsg6_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epsgm_v10.2.pdf

EPS Carry QRCs:

Red EPS Carry

qrc_epscr2_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epscr6_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epscrm_v10.2.pdf

Green EPS Carry

qrc_epscg2_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epscg6_v10.2.pdf
    qrc_epscgm_v10.2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

I rewickered the R1P QRC to incorporate this. Let me know what you think.

qrc_sig_r1p_v10.2.pdf

User Tag List