Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MRDS Quick Reference Cards

This is an RFI for any changes, corrections that need to be made, or suggestions for style changes for a potential Revision 11 series update.

I've noticed that for some reason, when I switched from a previous Linux Mint (18) laptop (Acer) to a newer Gateway Desktop with the current Linux Mint (21), the instance of Libre Office I have seems to have made some changes to how the text renders in *.odg files. I use the Libre Office Draw tool which creates *.odg files, then export to PDF for publish all the QRCs. As a result, my current set of original *.odg files are a little "off", so I will need to at some point fix these.

At the same time, the cards have been out for a while now, so if there are specific things that need to be fixed, I can do that in Rev 11 over the next month or three as I go, as well.

Another consistency thing I want to incorporate is to add install torques and screws sizes, where known, for all current optic models.

Thanks...

Thought I would knock out a QRC for the new direct-mount Holosun SCS 320/DPP introduced today at SHOT Show.

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-01-17 14-47-48.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  77.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RJ; 01-17-2023 at 02:48 PM.

Wow, can't keep up with all the Holosun Optics.

Below is a QRC for the new, large window, competition version of the 507. I inferred some of the controls based on what seemed logical, I will update if it changes but I think this is going to be close. Just did a Green one for now, will do red soontm

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-01-18 07-31-46.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  71.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

QRC for Springfield Armory Hex Wasp.

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-02-11 08-01-04.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  61.2 KB

qrc_sa_wasp_v11.pdf
    Last edited by RJ; 02-11-2023 at 08:11 AM.

QRC for Springfield Armory Hex Dragonfly.

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-02-11 10-43-41.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  64.1 KB

qrc_sa_df_v11.pdf

This is an administrative update post:

From this point onward, all MRDS QRCs will be hosted on a Google drive, accessible at the link below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

This link will provide view access to a folder, organized by Optic manufacturer. When you click the link, you should see a screen depicted in Figure 1. In order to download a QRC, first, select the folder corresponding to the manufacturer of the optic.

Let's say you have a Sig Sauer optic. If you double click on "Sig Sauer", you should see a screen shown in Figure 2. To download a specific QRC, just double click on a PDF file. Each optic has a (hopefully) self-explanatory file naming convention. Generally this is "qrc_" followed by a short string referencing the optic. For example, "qrc_sig_r0" is the QRC for the Sig Sauer Romeo Zero.

QRC updates will no longer appended to this thread. Whenever a new version of an optic QRC is added, it will be noted here, however, the Google Drive will always have the latest content. This will reduce the admin overhead of maintaining QRCs across several other web sites, not just this one, and provide a single on-line repository source of current QRCs. I have just uploaded all QRCs, at either Rev 10 or Rev 11, to this Google Drive. It is now fully populated.

-- Rich

Figure 1 - Google Drive with MRDS QRC main folder:
    Name:  Screenshot from 2023-02-26 13-42-15.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  12.2 KB

Figure 2 - Google Drive with "Sig Sauer" QRCs selected:
    Name:  Screenshot from 2023-02-26 13-43-09.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  24.8 KB

Engineering Notice 20230319-01 Vortex Defender Quick Reference Card V11 added

A QRC for the Vortex Defender has been added to the Google drive.

At $349 MSRP, the Defender is available in 3 or 6 MOA red dot versions. Features include: RMSc footprint, 10 brightness settings (2 NV compatible), manual brightness selection only, with motion activation and 14 hour shut off. Battery is a CR1632, top loading. I have not confirmed whether the lens is glass or polymer, Vortex makes no mention of the material online or in the user manual.

The new QRC is located under the "VO" (Vortex) tab from the main directory.

Engineering Notice 20230428-01 Sig Sauer ROMEO-M17 Quick Reference Card added

A QRC for the Sig Sauer ROMEO M17 has been added to the Google drive.

At $809 MSRP, the M17 features an enclosed optic, selectable circle/dot reticle and Sig's SIG-LOK mounting system. Note: The M17 WILL ONLY FIT the Sig Sauer M17 pistol. The optic has: 15 brightness settings (3 NV compatible), manual brightness selection only, with motion activation and 15 hour shut off. Battery is a CR2032, side loading.

The new QRC is located under the "SI" (Sig Sauer) tab from the main directory.

Engineering Notice 20230521-01 3xHolosun SCS Quick Reference Cards added

Three additional QRCs for the Holosun SCS GR models have been added to the Google drive:

Holosun SCS MP2 - Solar Charging Sight for the M&P 2.0 series pistols
    Holosun SCS VP9 - Direct mount Solar Charging Sight for the HK VP9 series pistols
    Holosun SCS PDP - Direct mount Solar Charging Sight for the Walther PDP series pistols

This completes the QRCs for all currently available Holosun SCS models.

The Holosun Solar Charging Sight (SCS) is an approximately $4xx MSRP open optic (exception: the Holosun SCS 320 is an enclosed optic) that includes a solar-charged, internal rechargeable battery. These optics feature Holosun's selectable dot only, dot plus circle, or circle only reticle and each model is specifically designed to direct mount without a plate.

These new QRCs are located under the "HS" (Holosun) tab from the main directory.

Engineering Notice 20230615-01 Holosun EPS Carry Red Multi-Reticle System upgraded to Revision 11

Version 10.2 of the Holosun EPS Carry Red MRS has been deleted, and replaced with a new Version 11. The main reason for the update is that I finally got my own EPS Carry Red MRS, and after reading the owners manual, realized several assumptions I made about these new optics last year were incorrect, and needed fixing.

The EPS C Red MRS QRC is the first to be updated and corrected to Version 11.

The remaining 11 EPS/EPS Carry MRDS will be updated in rolling fashion as time permits. The Ver 11 QRCs will be located in the "HS" (Holosun) tab from the main directory. No separate EN will be issued, they will just get upgraded one at a time.

User Tag List