Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unloaded gun start

I don't wish to derail: my question is genuine: What is the purpose of an unloaded start? Is it for "safety" or is it to simulate a scenario? Why aren't "unloaded" starts, mag out as well?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshrunkle35 View Post
    I don't wish to derail: my question is genuine: What is the purpose of an unloaded start? Is it for "safety" or is it to simulate a scenario? Why aren't "unloaded" starts, mag out as well?
    There are starts starts of all variations of loaded/unloaded and holstered/unholstered. They are mostly used to add something different instead of as a practical scenario. Unloaded starts are generally less common in the US, likely because it is generally lawful to carry or store a loaded firearm here. So, there isn't really a practical application for the unloaded start in the US.

As mentioned above we see all sorts of starts, from this type to gun and mags on seperate tables and all sorts of silliness in between. It's good fun though, and does add a different level of difficulty to the start.
    As for the stitches, thankfully the CZ has a nicely tapered design to the sight, if it was a different design though I imagine that it would eat through the hand pretty quick.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List