Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Credible 10 Round Magazines For Glock G22/31?

Links to Washington State Magazine Bill

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a friend in Washington state who was just asking me about the details of this bill. Does anyone have a link to the latest information on it?
    https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?B...itiative=False

https://app.leg.wa.gov/dlr/tld/resul...s=2021-22,5078

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm waiting to see the bill exactly as signed by Inslee when he signs.

Best, Jon
    What he'll be signing is exactly what's already in print, that is, the law specifically prohibits buying, selling, distributing, importing, transferring normal mags.

That's it.

It absolutely does not prohibit carrying or shooting with, possessing, storing loaded, at home or in your car, on your person, none of that.

So I'm not sure why you are bothering with any of this, there is no need at this time. The bill got watered down quite a bit before final passage.

Not sure why folks in WA are having such a hard time deciphering this. The text of this idiotic law is readily available.

Look,sportsfan, I'm not trying to bother you,or anyone else here. I'm trying to parse out what it is, its impact, and what it means to not just myself but organizationally. I read ths discussion and reports on the bill from the legislature as it went through the process, and they were still not models of clarity, especially concerning the frst seval paragraphs.

My concern is not that the governor would make changes, its just what in fact the final signed bill would specify, and then ascertain its impact and what changes I and others in Washington would/could have to make. Is that ok with you?

Best, Jon

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/bienn...20220312075326

That is a PDF of this ridiculous bill, exactly as it was passed. This is what our imbecile governor will be signing into law. It is absolutely an impairment to our rights, outlined in article 1 section 24 of our state Constitution. However, look, read it.

Page 8, line 21 of the document shows exactly what is prohibited by this legislation:

"(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute,
    sell, or offer for sale any large capacity magazine, except as
    authorized in this section."

That's IT. That is all this bill does. You want clarity, it cant be any clearer.

Who knows what further idiocy this clownshoes excuse for a legislature will come up with next session, a year(ish) from now, but for now, this is it, for mags.

I guess if you're preparing for future impairments it might make sense to track down 10 round mags for your chosen platform (that is, if you feel obligated, for whatever reason, to follow unconstitutional laws), but for now, for this year at least, ALL the bill does is prohibit buying, selling, and giving.

Again, everyone can still legally carry, shoot, store loaded wherever you want, everything we were always doing.

Only "changes" you need to make at this time would be buy more mags before 01JUL, if you don't think you have enough, or buy mags for things you plan on buying in the future, I suppose.

Just trying to help, give you the EXACT information. The "ghost gun" bill was murky as shit.

This one is not. It's surprisingly clear in what it specifically prohibits.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 03-12-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks for the clarity. Clearly you're more familiar with the twists and turns of bills progressing theough the Washington state legislature than I am, but the next time a little less snark in your delivery would be appreciated.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    So I'm not sure why you are bothering with any of this, there is no need at this time. The bill got watered down quite a bit before final passage.

Not sure why folks in WA are having such a hard time deciphering this. The text of this idiotic law is readily available.
    You’re correct but our prosecutors make the Kenosha prosecutors look like Clarence Darrow.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Well, to no one in Washington's surprise, the bill was signed into law by the governor, who apparently views high capacity magazines as "weapons of war" inappropriate for non-military/leo to be able to acquire. While the legislation is reprehensible in its own right, at least the more onerous constraints in the initial versions were stripped out. It seems that the result is that after 1 July 2022 WA residents that aren't military or leo won't be able to get any magazine with a higher than 10 round capacity, but current possession and use is unimpeded.

In reality, my concerns about the capacity restriction is minimal; I don't feel underarmed or ineffectively defended with a seven or eight round 1911, or, in many circumstances, a 6 round revolver. With spare magazine(s) and/or speedloader(s) of course. In using a given platform, I'm much more concerned with my index and ergonomic interfacing than I am with capacity; for example, I personally prefer my Glock G17 to a G48, so I have no compulsion to get rid of the G17 even if I could only use it with 10 round magazines, or to acquire a G48 simply because it uses 10 round magazines.

My concern now is as I stated earlier in the thread ensuring that I 1) have sufficient high capacity magazines on hand for my platforms, 2) that future 10-round magazines for current or future platforms are available and viable (functional, reliable, durable, etc.).

Looking over the JonInWA platforms, the one I'm most concerned about is the 10 round magazines for my Gen4 G22/G31 (due to the on-hand .357 SIG barrel I have) (and possibly a future Gen5 G22). Other platforms (Beretta 92, HK VP and P30, Ruger P89) I'm not concerned about; either I have sufficient magazines for and/or well vetted 10 rounders are available.

Glock full-sized and compact 10 round magazines for the G17/19/22/31/23/32 have not exactly played to rave reviews; those using them and having success seem to be those using them with ball cartridges; using hollowpoints, not so much. While Magpul makes credible and now reasonable vetted 10 rounders for the G17 and G19, the .40 Glocks are pretty much restricted to....Glock 10 rounders. In a recent Glock Armors course, we were enjoined not to use Glock 10 rounders for duty magazines; this seemingly applied certainly to the G17 and G19, and I inferred to the G22, but now I'm not so sure it they were in fact tarred by the same brush.

Glock has generously sent me a new current production 10 round .40 magazine for me to test and evaluate, which was much appreciated, along with a concurrently produced Gen5 normal capacity magazine for comparison. My plan is to run the 10 rounder as both a initially loaded and subsequently as a reload magazine in my Gen4 G22 in IDPA/ASI matches (since the new IDPA rule change for Stock Service Pistol now allows me to run the magazine fully loaded at 15 rounds); I'll likely have a friend concurrently run it in his well maintained Gen 3 G22; we'll run them with factory ball, Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, and Remington Golden Saber, primarily with 180 grain bullets, but with some 165 grainers (primarily the Golden Sabers). We'll probably do this in the upcoming April match(es).

A knowledgeable and experienced contact at Glock doesn't anticipate me having issues with it, which is good news, but we'll see.

Best, Jon

Why? The idiotic law functions as I described.

I have 3 10-round G17 mags that were given to me. They are used as training mags, and have to my surprise functioned flawlessly in a variety of G17s and G19s, with various loads including different weights and types of JHP.

I would never use them for anything else though, that would seem absurd, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Why? The idiotic law functions as I described.

I have 3 10-round G17 mags that were given to me. They are used as training mags, and have to my surprise functioned flawlessly in a variety of G17s and G19s, with various loads including different weights and types of JHP.

I would never use them for anything else though, that would seem absurd, to me.
    Because I plan on phasing into using the 10 round magazines for competition, and preserving my high capacity magazines for duty and EDC, minimizing the wear and tear on irreplacable magazines.

Best, Jon

That makes a hell of alot of sense.

It's why I have a few magazines set aside as training mags, so the rest will outlast me.

I always wished Magpul would make a G22 mag. I use a few of their 17 and 21 rounders for training as well. Easier to clean too.

For the G23, I have 3 G22 mags set aside for that purpose. The rest just stay loaded all the time.

User Tag List