Thread: Why so few pump-action rifles?

From over a decade ago…

Nice idea that didn’t go anywhere.

— Michael

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The algorithm delivers:

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have this Remington Gamemaster 30-06 that belonged to my Dad. I don't know how many deer and elk were put in the freezer with it over the years to feed our family, but it was a lot. Dad even scared off a would be burglar one time with it. One of these years I'll take it hunting again for old times sake. It would not be my first choice for a rifle in 2022, but for nostalgia it hits all the cool factors.
    Attachment 85971

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Somebody will re-intro the Timberwolf someday. I have to believe that.
    As a teenager with a lot more experience reading Guns & Ammo than with actual firearms, I was crazy for a .357 Timberwolf. Seemed perfect for chasing desert jackrabbits, not to mention more effective than my .22 rifle, and more sporting than my 20 ga. I recall the good Colonel referred to it as "...an answer in search of a question" in an installment of "Cooper's Corner." Impressed as I was by Col. Cooper, even that was not enough to dissuade me. Time was not on my side, however, and they were discontinued before I had the chance to get one. A Timberwolf with a RDS would be lots of fun.

Yup, Remington 7615 pretty much sucked as a duty weapon....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

On the subject of pumps, I will say that one of my favorite rifles is my Henry .22mag pump. Yeah, I get that it’s no 5.56 if we are discussing defense against anything larger than raccoons, but I wouldn’t feel like I was necessarily rolling over dead in advance if it was the only gun I had on hand to defend home and hearth. Most def better than an LCR or a G42 for HD, IMHO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    On the subject of pumps, I will say that one of my favorite rifles is my Henry .22mag pump. Yeah, I get that it’s no 5.56 if we are discussing defense against anything larger than raccoons, but I wouldn’t feel like I was necessarily rolling over dead in advance if it was the only gun I had on hand to defend home and hearth. Most def better than an LCR or a G42 for HD, IMHO.
    Indeed!

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List