Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Rangemaster Newsletter

Site Supporter

March Rangemaster Newsletter

The March edition of our monthly newsletter has been posted.

https://rangemaster.com/wp-content/u...Newsletter.pdf

Get out this weekend and shoot the Drill of the Month.

Thank you for bringing awareness to the issue with Federal law / possession of a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school. I feel this particular element is underestimated / completely unknown to many people.

Site Supporter
    The federal gun-free school zones act was previously found to be unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court as being outside of Congress' power under the Commerce Clause. A small part of that reasoning was the lack of findings in the bill showing a connection to interstate commerce. The law was then re-enacted with findings.

While I would not ever advise anyone to be a test case and would encourage being aware of this law, I do not believe it would survive a constitutional challenge.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The federal gun-free school zones act was previously found to be unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court as being outside of Congress' power under the Commerce Clause. A small part of that reasoning was the lack of findings in the bill showing a connection to interstate commerce. The law was then re-enacted with findings.

While I would not ever advise anyone to be a test case and would encourage being aware of this law, I do not believe it would survive a constitutional challenge.

I agree, but don't want to spend the money to be a test case. It's just too easy to avoid this altogether by having a permit.

Site Supporter
    Several years ago my state went to permit-less carry, after maintaining a permit for 46 years, it seemed a no brainer to continue.

Site Supporter
    If my state ever goes to permitless carry, I will maintain a permit not only for the gun free school zones issue, but also for reciprocity with other states.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Permits are a non starter...a money generator especially here in NJ where the gov. now wants to raise resident LTC permit fees to 400C, double all other firearm permit fees in the new budget and take away our Constitutional Rights....as long as there are state permits this can happen.....Constitutional Carry ....thank you.
    Last edited by Dog Face Gremlin; 03-01-2024 at 08:05 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    Permits are a non starter...a money generator especially here in NJ where the gov. now wants to raise resident LTC permit fees to 400C, double all other firearm permit fees in the new budget and take away our Constitutional Rights....as long as there are state permits this can happen.....Constitutional Carry ....thank you.
    Ouch, Ours is a 4 year permit, like $20

So ours is only 2 yr. here in NJ and the Rat Bastage want's to make it 400 bucks plus double all other permits related to firearms not including re-testing fees and costs for the courses required...........trying to discourage and deny the one's who can't afford to pay for exercising their Constitutional Right ....tyranny at it's best....so there you are for state permitting......OMO.

Name:  murphygunfeehike2025..jpg
Views: 353
Size:  12.7 KB
    Last edited by Dog Face Gremlin; 03-02-2024 at 08:30 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    So ours is only 2 yr. here in NJ and the Rat Bastage want's to make it 400 bucks plus double all other permits related to firearms not including re-testing fees and costs for the courses required...........trying to discourage and deny the one's who can't afford to pay for exercising their Constitutional Right ....tyranny at it's best....so there you are for state permitting......OMO.

Name:  murphygunfeehike2025..jpg
Views: 353
Size:  12.7 KB
    Time to move!

User Tag List