Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What ever happened to the HK slim 9?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Ive had similar experience, although I did have 11 stoppages over 26K rounds on my main p30. And broken parts on it and the P7 within modest round counts.
    That said, I am less convinced in superiority of HK engineering now than I was then. Although they never lose on style points
    Attachment 85818
    Well, you do shoot faster than I do, after all…

And you have to admit, I did stay dry that day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Five P30 platform pistols, eight VP platform pistols, an HK45, a pair of P7’s, and three USP platform pistols, and I have yet to experience any sort of malfunction of any kind (that was not deliberately induced as a part of a training class). I have something on the order of a quarter-million rounds through various HK’s since the mid 1990’s. Some years 50,000 rounds, some less than 2500. Have literally always had every HK I have ever shot go bang every time.
    This has been my experience as well through about half dozen different HKs, mostly USPs. Although I do shoot mostly steel case I have yet to see a malfunction.

And if you load the ammo backwards you turn a 115gr into a 124!!! Save money and get NATO like performance!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I don’t know about that. I remember the same amount of complaints regarding P30s. People always had the same answer: have you tried hotter ammo because it’s designed for NATO loads?
    My P30 definitely had issues with 115gr ammo when it was new. 124gr did fine.

A couple months back I had a bad day at the range with my RMR equipped USPC9 and some Speer 115 grain range fodder. Wouldn't go more than 2 rounds without a FTE, first time I'd ever had a malf with that pistol, even suppressed. The ammo worked fine in my MR918 and MR920 so I figured it was just too weak for the HK because 124 ran just fine the same session. Admittedly, I am very slack WRT cleaning, and after a good clean and lube it cycled fine, so I think it was probably just crud in the extractor claw. Even HKs won't run forever without some maintenance.

My PSP/P7 pistols, which I carried on duty, and during personal time, worked 100% reliably. That was 1985/1986. The P7/PSP was not the only single-column-mag HK pistols, at the time. Some of my colleagues had HK P9/P9s pistols.

Then, of course, it became apparent that we would die less often, if we used double-column-mag pistols. (Actually, it was the lack of duty holsters with Level 3 retention, that steered us away from those earlier HK pistols, as the old-school flap holsters were phased-out.) But, yeah, the overall market forces eventually demanded pistols that one loaded on Sunday, and fired all week, without having to reload.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List