Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to the HK slim 9?

What ever happened to the HK slim 9?

Did the idea die on the vine? HKPRO has had nothing about it in almost a year.

It’s on the shelf next to the 5.56x45 Glock carbine that had patent drawings pop up on the internet last year and had a YouTube video talking about it. Same row that the Vltor Bren Ten clone is in, just a bit further down the aisle.

As I recall, HK Pro had a thread with a partial picture just a month or so ago. Thought I understood it was to be introduced at NRA but who knows whether that is NRA this year, next year or the year after.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I recall, HK Pro had a thread with a partial picture just a month or so ago. Thought I understood it was to be introduced at NRA but who knows whether that is NRA this year, next year or the year after.
    It looks like this, no?

I'm sure it'll be released in the next 1-3yrs. It will, of course, be the last to the party as per usual. Regardless, it will probably be the most reliable and have the toughest and most reliable mags of anything in that class. People may geek out over other guns having an individual spec or feature be a 9 out of 10. This one may only be a 7 or 8 out of 10, but across the board in most specs. We'll, of course, have to wait another 5-7yrs for the potential of an "XL" version of the thing.

I just hope they don't include those god-awful "charging supports".

Site Supporter
    Got a link? I don't go to HK Pro.

NRA- Not Ready Again

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Got a link? I don't go to HK Pro.
    The picture is literally a closeup of the heel of the grip, to show how closely it conforms to the drawing (which it matches precisely).

And you would be wise to stay out of that thread.

Site Supporter
    https://uspto.report/patent/grant/D918,328#D00000

The original patent drawing that kicked everything off.

A lot of conjecture. I think end of this month, as there is a special range day for HK coffee drinkers in Orlando, where part of the course is an armorers session and range session with a new HK platform, the gun supposedly was to debut at a similar range day last fall. I would bet it went something like this: “ Uh, what do mean it hold 7 rounds and has no optic…” so, back to drawing board!

There was also post on reddit about it wherein an “insider” stated it was a 10 round, and size was 1:1 of P365? Another stated 10, 12, and 15 rnd extentions, but who knows.

Hopefully CZ, FN, Beretta can offer their little ones with more capacity and optic readiness!

There is also a Steyr design for CCW in the works, rep said probably next year!

Keep ‘em coming!

User Tag List