Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Test.

The P32 might actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    That is not much of an upgrade, but I suppose it beats a pointy stick.
    I thought something similar but reserved comment since I know nothing about Kel-Tecs, and he seemed happy with his purchase. I'd also already given my recommendation for a revolver such as a Model 10, particularly as he was losing strength quickly and his wife is not very physically strong.

I'm also looking forward to the Shield test. I've been considering buying one if I could find it. (I'd like something smaller than my Sig 226 for regular carry and doubt that the currently made, smaller Sigs are the best choice).

Getting back to the Hi-Point test, besides gaining some insight into the actual firearm, you probably have enough commentary for an interesting, although possibly disturbing, psychology or cultural anthropology study.
    Last edited by Carraway; 10-12-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post

Getting back to the Hi-Point test, besides gaining some insight into the actual firearm, you probably have enough commentary for an interesting, although possibly disturbing, psychology or cultural anthropology study.
    I took about 10 min to read the Hi Point Forum. Very cult like. I know people are loyal to the best, most reliable, cost effective [Insert Brand Here] that they carry. However that is some extreem fanboyness. (is that a word?) It reminds me of the followers of a certain political faction.

On topic... Thanks for doing the test. Real objective data is always easier to assess then conjecture and estimation.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    I took about 10 min to read the Hi Point Forum. Very cult like. I know people are loyal to the best, most reliable, cost effective [Insert Brand Here] that they carry. However that is some extreem fanboyness. (is that a word?) It reminds me of the followers of a certain political faction.

On topic... Thanks for doing the test. Real objective data is always easier to assess then conjecture and estimation.
    I made the same mistake and read the forum. Maybe once TC gets some real experience as a pistol shooter he can go back and do a real test
    Looking forward to the Shield test also, in my limited shooting of one it's just a great little gun.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    That is not much of an upgrade, but I suppose it beats a pointy stick.
    I don't know, what's the mean stabs between failures for your average stick?

Thanks

Thanks for doing this test it saved me from doing it.
    I was going to do the same test after being called a gun snob on my local forum.
    I guess where I am from Glock guys are considered snobs

A glock being a snob gun...

When I was in grad school, I showed up at a party with a 12 pack of Miller Lite - and was called a beer snob (at WVU). To me, being called a gun snob over a Glock is about the same thing. Both are functional ways to accomplish a goal...

-shooter

Quote Originally Posted by shooter220 View Post
    When I was in grad school, I showed up at a party with a 12 pack of Miller Lite - and was called a beer snob (at WVU). To me, being called a gun snob over a Glock is about the same thing. Both are functional ways to accomplish a goal...

-shooter
    I was born and raised in WV, and I can confirm that Bud Light and Miller Light are considered rich man's beer. Most folks drank Milwaukee's Beast or Natty Light or Busch Light. I know much better now, but it took exposure to better beers for me to see the light. I suppose people raised on the "good 'nuff" (as if) Hi Points are much the same.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I think when a phenomenon is sufficiently well documented that it's been the subject of memos in LE agencies and military units, it's something that's worthy of paying attention to.
    I can tell you from personal experience that any Cletus unwilling to shell out more than a buck-and-a-half for a pistol is going to hand down his solitary loaded magazine of dollar-a-pop holler points like they were the frickin' family silver.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List