Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Test.

I would really never have guessed that there was such a thing as a High Point Forum. Never would have thought to look for it.

-shooter

I actually thought the accusations that I had somehow influenced the test because I hate Hi Points (I do hate Hi Points, btw) were quite funny.

We are diminished
    Dear haters and critics of the Hi-Point test,

Take one of your Hi-Points, shoot 2,200 rounds through it over six weeks, and objectively report the results.

Or, in the alternative, STFU.

Thank you,
    ToddG

I normally don't respond to internet haters, but one time, just once I let my self-control slip and sent an email that said "If you don't like my reviews, you're free to start your own blog that no one will read because you're an idiot." It felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

Take one of your Hi-Points, shoot 2,200 rounds through it over six weeks, and objectively report the results.

Thank you,
    ToddG
    You mean spend $450 on their own test?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Solid write up TC and thanks for destroying another myth that has been perpetuated by the internets.

If we’re honest with ourselves, most people are not facing straits that desperate. I’ve personally witnessed people with a $50 dollar a week Starbucks habit talking about how they couldn’t afford to buy a Glock. Some people simply suck at setting priorities. I’d go without a smart phone if it meant I could carry a handgun I could actually shoot well and that I could expect to function reasonably. For me, a dependable pistol is a priority. This doesn’t mean I’m going to run out and spend a whole bunch of money on a handgun, though.
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

Thank you,
    ToddG
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I normally don't respond to internet haters, but one time, just once I let my self-control slip and sent an email that said "If you don't like my reviews, you're free to start your own blog that no one will read because you're an idiot."
    And now look where I am!

I literally lol'd at my desk

Thanks for doing this test. I've been following with some interest as a few months ago I talked someone out of buying a Hi Point. He had asked my opinion, so I told him I had no real experience with them but that I felt there were better, more proven choices, such as a used S&W Model 10. At any rate, he didn't get a Hi Point but said the salesman recommended something else, I believe a Kel-Tek .32, which he bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    At any rate, he didn't get a Hi Point but said the salesman recommended something else, I believe a Kel-Tek .32, which he bought.
    That is not much of an upgrade, but I suppose it beats a pointy stick.

User Tag List