Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Test.

I can honestly say that unlike a Glock the C9 fits my hand.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The new blog post will be going up today at noon...or something like that. Apparently the blog software thinks only in wrong-coast time and I've been setting it thinking in terms of right-coast time and that's been delaying the publish of the articles. I think I've got that sorted out...but we'll see.

Before it goes up, however, I want to throw a shout out to a couple of folks. Firstly, to Tom Jones who unbeknownst to me did a bunch of behind the scenes communication to try and get me a real holster for the Hi-Point. If you're picking friends, pick people like Tom.

Secondly:

Name:  darkstar.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  84.6 KB

Dark Star Gear has made what is probably the nicest holster that's ever been made for a Hi-Point, or that ever will be made for a Hi-Point. And it works really well to boot. Obviously I've been doing this test with a sense of humor, but they took building the holster deadly serious. I'll post more pics tonight or tomorrow to show the attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Dark Star Gear has made what is probably the nicest holster that's ever been made for a Hi-Point, or that ever will be made for a Hi-Point. And it works really well to boot. Obviously I've been doing this test with a sense of humor, but they took building the holster deadly serious. I'll post more pics tonight or tomorrow to show the attention to detail.
    Amazing work. I wonder how many orders could come from that Hi-Point forum if they knew about it.
    Sheep Have Wool

What was that old saying about gun leather? Something like "you should plan to spend at least 25% of the value of your gun on good leather".

Does that need to be amended for Hi-points? Something like "you should plan to spend at least 125% of the value of your gun on a good holster".
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Have Wool View Post
    Amazing work. I wonder how many orders could come from that Hi-Point forum if they knew about it.
    I did some googling and apparently there's at least one Hi-Point forum that's following the test closely. They'll get to see DSG's wares today.

Snarky comment removed.

DSG really isn't that expensive. I'm digging my IWB/OWB holster I got from them.

#RESIST

http://gunnuts.net/2012/09/20/the-hi...llenge-week-4/

The accuracy from the HST was a real surprise.

The accuracy continues to be twice as good, group diameter, than what my "in spec" "good" Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm fullsize can do with ASYM match ammunition and a rest, shot by a shooter who has printed a 1.98" group from other M&P's that same day.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The accuracy continues to be twice as good, group diameter, than what my "in spec" "good" Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm fullsize can do with ASYM match ammunition and a rest, shot by a shooter who has printed a 1.98" group from other M&P's that same day.
    I agree...that ***CENSORED*** is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

User Tag List