Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Test.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that the VP70 is of comparable quality to a HiPoint. I was simply highlighting the fact that using a direct blowback design in a service caliber is necessarily going to lead to having a high-mass slide.
    Last edited by jslaker; 08-31-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've fired the VP70....by comparison the slide on it feels positively svelte.

Sorry I couldn't come up with something more witty, but I just learned of the existence of a pistol named The 1911 Carry Nightmare and I'm feeling woozy.
    Carry Nightmare?

You know, I can see the cheesy viking pistol, diamond plating, rainbow slides, ect. But Carry Nightmare?

They need to hire somebody to slap people upside the head. Like the Terry Tate: Office Linebacker of brainstorming:

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    [I]Like the Terry Tate: Office Linebacker of brainstorming:
    TGS wins the internet for today for invoking Terrible Terry Tate.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jslaker View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that the VP70 is of comparable quality to a HiPoint. I was simply highlighting the fact that using a direct blowback design in a service caliber is necessarily going to lead to having a high-mass slide.
    The slide on that gun isn't as massy as you'd think, it looks larger in comparison because the grip is so trim.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    The slide on that gun isn't as massy as you'd think, it looks larger in comparison because the grip is so trim.
    Do these grips make my slide look big?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Do these grips make my slide look big?
    Not at all, Tim. And they'd go really well with those extended lashes.
    Sheep Have Wool

IIRC the VP70 was designed to be a combination sub-machinegun and pistol with a polymer stock/holster. Once the stock was attached to the rear of the grip it became a functional sub gun, remove the shoulder stock and it was a semi auto pistol. It had a very heavy DAO type of trigger and was also a delayed blowback design. Like the P-9 and later H&K pistols it was very accurate and also expensive for its day. I never could figure out why H&K went to the trouble of marketing it as a semi auto pistol here in the US. Now what in the daylights a VP70 has in common with a HPA pistol, other than being a brick I couldn’t begin to guess?

Quote Originally Posted by TNWNGR View Post
    IIRC the VP70 was designed to be a combination sub-machinegun and pistol with a polymer stock/holster. Once the stock was attached to the rear of the grip it became a functional sub gun, remove the shoulder stock and it was a semi auto pistol. It had a very heavy DAO type of trigger and was also a delayed blowback design. Like the P-9 and later H&K pistols it was very accurate and also expensive for its day. I never could figure out why H&K went to the trouble of marketing it as a semi auto pistol here in the US. Now what in the daylights a VP70 has in common with a HPA pistol, other than being a brick I couldn’t begin to guess?
    I would actually carry the HK, so they don't have that in common either.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    That's my impression as well. The VP70 looks piggy, but handles better than it looks.

The Hi-Point looks piggy, and it's even piggier in person.

On the subject of the Hi-Point, I just got back from the range with it. I won't give it away yet, but something happened that had me laughing until I was in tears.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Carry Nightmare?

You know, I can see the cheesy viking pistol, diamond plating, rainbow slides, ect. But Carry Nightmare?

They need to hire somebody to slap people upside the head. Like the Terry Tate: Office Linebacker of brainstorming:
    Not bad.

...but I see your Terry Tate idea and raise you one SouthNarc...mainly because the spectacle of a guy in a custom tailored Italian suit threatening gun industry execs with physical harm and forcible sodomy would be even funnier.

User Tag List