Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone educate me on p320s?

For the life of me I can not find a barrel without a lci. Idk if it is as big of a deal as people make it seem though.. my 365xl has a lci and I haven't joined a larger build up

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    For the life of me I can not find a barrel without a lci. Idk if it is as big of a deal as people make it seem though.. my 365xl has a lci and I haven't joined a larger build up
    Neither of my 320's have a LCI. Maybe because they are X models? The spare unthreaded Zev I got for the X-Carry doesn't have one either, and I do notice more buildup on my XL.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Neither of my 320's have a LCI. Maybe because they are X models? The spare unthreaded Zev I got for the X-Carry doesn't have one either, and I do notice more buildup on my XL.
    good to know, thank you!

Where the optic is located on your slide makes a difference with an LCI. The Legion X5 for example, has the optic mounted further back than the original X5. Closer to the LCI puts more on the front lens of your optic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Can anyone educate me on:
    -triggers, which do people prefer and do they work with the safety
    I've become a fan of the flat triggers. Most soulless plastic pistols benefit from an overtravel stop such as the one found on the Gray Guns trigger. https://grayguns.com/product/p320-ad...aight-trigger/

- Tell me about the slides: 3.6, 3.9, and 4.7
    I'm still running iron sights and prefer the 4.7 inch slides on my duty gun and off-duty gun. My off-duty gun is setup on an X module cut to take compact magazines. Both are setup with skinnier than factory front sights.

-barrels? Just go with factory?
    Yep.

Factory optic cuts look like a nightmare to sort out, a lot of the x series guns now have the plate infront of the rear sight which is a plus.
    Just buy a current slide and the dot mounting takes care of itself.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    320 X5 pistols were accurate, but they took some break in to function reliably. Sig changed that with the 320 Legion, and accuracy is poor. It is not a trigger or barrel issue, it is the slide. My wife and a number of friends, replaced their Legion slides with X5 slides, and they shoot good.

I compete with 4.7 Pro slides, have four, and they shoot fine if not Gen 5 accurate. The 3.9 and 3.6 inch slides seem fine.

The latest Pro optics cut, that has a separate rear sight dovetail, works well. CHPWS makes plates.

In many ways, the current 330 is the 2020 Glock, you can make it into whatever you want -- 3.6, 3.9, 4.7 or 5 inch slides, curved or flat trigger, thumb safety or not, 15 or 17 round mags, optic or irons.
    GJM,

I know you and your wife have tested the heck out of these things. Can you give me a little more info about the slide issues; specifically, which ones tend to be good to go? I just bought a "P320X Full," and I believe the slide has the Pro cut. Just want to make sure I don't need to go ahead and order a new slide for a gun I just purchased (picture attached). I only ask because I'm having some cerakote work done to the slide when I get it and may not have a chance to shoot it first. My original X5 was an absolute laser, but the barrel/lockup was so tight that it did occasionally have some reliability issues. I know they fixed that on the Legion, but like you say, almost every competitor I know has swapped out their Legion slide due to accuracy issues. Wasn't sure if that was also an issue with their other slides or not.

Also, does anyone have any experience with Springer Precision's optic plates? I prefer CHPWS, but it looks like they are out of stock for my setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kirk; 03-11-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    GJM,

I know you and your wife have tested the heck out of these things. Can you give me a little more info about the slide issues; specifically, which ones tend to be good to go? I just bought a "P320X Full," and I believe the slide has the Pro cut. Just want to make sure I don't need to go ahead and order a new slide for a gun I just purchased (picture attached). I only ask because I'm having some cerakote work done to the slide when I get it and may not have a chance to shoot it first.
    It is probably easier to tell you which slides are the problem, and for sure that is the five inch X5 Legion slides. The original X5 slides, pre Legion, are good. I don't know about the shorter Legion slides -- isn't there a "Carry" Legion? We have five 4.7 Pro slides that are fine, and no issues with multiple 3.6 or 3.9 inch slides.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is probably easier to tell you which slides are the problem, and for sure that is the five inch X5 Legion slides. The original X5 slides, pre Legion, are good. I don't know about the shorter Legion slides -- isn't there a "Carry" Legion? We have five 4.7 Pro slides that are fine, and no issues with multiple 3.6 or 3.9 inch slides.
    Awesome, thanks so much for the info. This is a 4.7 Pro slide, so I'm hoping I'll be good to go. I updated my post above but was too slow; you're right, though. Those X5 Legion slides seem to be pretty rough based on the people I know who have owned them. Glad that the Pro slides seem to be solid.

One last question for you. I know you are the man to ask about red dots. Would you trust a Sig optic on a carry gun? This one will probably serve as a carry gun and a backup gun for steel challenge, and I am tempted to direct mount a Romeo1 on it. Just not sure of their quality these days.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Awesome, thanks so much for the info. This is a 4.7 Pro slide, so I'm hoping I'll be good to go. I updated my post above but was too slow; you're right, though. Those X5 Legion slides seem to be pretty rough based on the people I know who have owned them. Glad that the Pro slides seem to be solid.

One last question for you. I know you are the man to ask about red dots. Would you trust a Sig optic on a carry gun? This one will probably serve as a carry gun and a backup gun for steel challenge, and I am tempted to direct mount a Romeo1 on it. Just not sure of their quality these days.
    Are you sure it's a Pro slide? The picture appears to show a slide with the original X cut.....rear sight is part of the optic plate, and there's no separate dovetail for a rear sight.

If you aren't carrying the gun in an exposed duty holster, a Romeo1 Pro should be fine. I was pretty down on Sig optics for awhile, but thencurrent Romeo1 Pros, and hopefully the Romeo2, seem to hold up pretty well. Especially if it turns out that yours Is NOT a Pro slide, I'd consider getting an RXP slide with the optic factory mounted. That seems to be the surest way to avoid mounting issues.

Eta: I know I'm not GJM, but the info seemed relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Are you sure it's a Pro slide? The picture appears to show a slide with the original X cut.....rear sight is part of the optic plate, and there's no separate dovetail for a rear sight.

If you aren't carrying the gun in an exposed duty holster, a Romeo1 Pro should be fine. I was pretty down on Sig optics for awhile, but thencurrent Romeo1 Pros, and hopefully the Romeo2, seem to hold up pretty well. Especially if it turns out that yours Is NOT a Pro slide, I'd consider getting an RXP slide with the optic factory mounted. That seems to be the surest way to avoid mounting issues.

Eta: I know I'm not GJM, but the info seemed relevant.
    I think you’re right, it does seem to be the X cut and not the pro slide. Im dumb and not sure what I was thinking there. I got a great deal on the gun so I’m fine with just ordering a new slide if I need to. I think I’ll just end up buying an RXP slide like you say just for peace of mind. I’ll probably use the slide that is on it now on a build for a backup/dry fire gun.
    Last edited by Kirk; 03-11-2022 at 04:35 PM.

User Tag List