Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone educate me on p320s?

Mine started as a P320 RX Compact with a Romeo1, and has evolved into a P320 RX X-Carry with a Romeo1 Variant 5. Mine as a RX came with suppressor-height tritium front and rear sights for co-witnessing. I use the OEM Mecgar 15 round magazines with the COmpact frame module, and the Check-Mate 17 round full-size magazines with the Henning Group extended basepads with the X-Carry grip module; all magazines have been flawless performers. On my carry magazine when used for conceiled carry, I use a Gray Guns hardened aluminum standard profile basepad for a slightly lower profile. SIG upgraded my OEM Romeo1 to a Variant 5 Romeo1 when my original RDS sight developed a defect; the Variant 5 has performed without issue since installation. I have no accuracy issues with mine; the tritium sights were POA/POI with no adjustments needed, and the Romeo1 RDS is easily zeroed. I also use the optional SIG steel RDS shroud (which is standard on the Romeo1 Pro) for aditional RDS protection.

If you're running a RDS, I see no practical reason to run with any slide other than the Compact, unless you want the increased velocity provided by a longer barrel/slide.

For holsters, I use a SIG Mitch Rosen leather OWB and an Olen kydex IWB, and an Olen dual kydex magazine pouch.

Best, Jon

It really depends on your use for the gun. I now have an entire drawer of P320 parts. The guns are endlessly configurable (although you save money if you buy complete guns vs parts individually).

I don’t use the P320 for concealed carry so I’ve more or less settled on the 4.7” slide/barrel right now. I’ve been tempted by the X-Compact RXP, but the capacity and capability is so close to the P365XL I just can’t really justify it.

My absolute favorite setup right now is this:

I currently have several X-Grip variations, including one done up by Boresight, as well as an AXG grip. Of all of the grips I’ve tried so far, my favorite oddly enough is the P80 grip module. If feels perfect. It has the absolute ideal grip shape/angle for me and the texture is a wonderful balance of being grippy without being abrasive. My only long-term concern about it is that it uses a Glock-style magazine release that is made out of polymer so you have a polymer release interacting with a metal magazine. A grip module is cheap enough I figure if the mag release wears out I can always ask for a replacement from P80 or just buy a new grip module.

For an optic the Romeo1Pro is great and the Romeo2 may be even better. I would not even consider another optic for these guns. It mates to the slide perfectly without any plates and has quickly become one of my favorite optics.

I like the SIG X-Ray suppressor height sights, but they are really hard to find. This particular gun has the Night Fission sights which work just as well.

The gun pictured has a Grayguns adjustable flat trigger (not the whole kit, just the shoe). It’s a pain in the butt to install and remove, but it works wonderfully.

Ultimately, I think you’ll likely end up with an entire drawer full of P320 parts before you find what works for you. It’s just too much fun experimenting with these guns.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    It really depends on your use for the gun. I now have an entire drawer of P320 parts. The guns are endlessly configurable (although you save money if you buy complete guns vs parts individually).

I don’t use the P320 for concealed carry so I’ve more or less settled on the 4.7” slide/barrel right now. I’ve been tempted by the X-Compact RXP, but the capacity and capability is so close to the P365XL I just can’t really justify it.

My absolute favorite setup right now is this:

I currently have several X-Grip variations, including one done up by Boresight, as well as an AXG grip. Of all of the grips I’ve tried so far, my favorite oddly enough is the P80 grip module. If feels perfect. It has the absolute ideal grip shape/angle for me and the texture is a wonderful balance of being grippy without being abrasive. My only long-term concern about it is that it uses a Glock-style magazine release that is made out of polymer so you have a polymer release interacting with a metal magazine. A grip module is cheap enough I figure if the mag release wears out I can always ask for a replacement from P80 or just buy a new grip module.

For an optic the Romeo1Pro is great and the Romeo2 may be even better. I would not even consider another optic for these guns. It mates to the slide perfectly without any plates and has quickly become one of my favorite optics.

I like the SIG X-Ray suppressor height sights, but they are really hard to find. This particular gun has the Night Fission sights which work just as well.

The gun pictured has a Grayguns adjustable flat trigger (not the whole kit, just the shoe). It’s a pain in the butt to install and remove, but it works wonderfully.

Ultimately, I think you’ll likely end up with an entire drawer full of P320 parts before you find what works for you. It’s just too much fun experimenting with these guns.
    Thanks for the info.. I was looking at barrels. I am gonna try a 3.9 I think, but read some reports about LCI barrels vs non LCI barrels. I guess the LCI mess up optics, like fog them up? Any info?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Thanks for the info.. I was looking at barrels. I am gonna try a 3.9 I think, but read some reports about LCI barrels vs non LCI barrels. I guess the LCI mess up optics, like fog them up? Any info?
    My understanding is that SIG plans to standardize on the LCI barrels in 3.9 across the board. I know if you buy a current LE gun it won't come with it.

The SIG factory barrels are plenty accurate and very well made. I would probably poke around on eBay and forums and find a non-LCI 3.9" barrel on the cheap before ordering one from SIG. There are plenty out there. I'm sorry, but I have no solid info on if SIG's LCI adversely affects the optic or not.

On pistols with the lci you tend to see combustion byproducts like carbon and such blkwing back onto the lens of the optic fdom ths notch in the back of the chamber area of the barrel. After several rounds ths optic is no longer clear and needs to be cleaned.

I got out of the P320 a few years back, but I was all in at the time. I had a 9mm Sub-Compact, 9mm Compact, 9mm Full Size Tac-ops, M17 (still have it) and 9mm X-Carry. As for trigger I liked the Sig factory straight shoe. I tried the Apex, but did not like how it broke past 90 degrees. Really I like the factory curved trigger shoe as well. I think the factory barrels are excellent quality. so no need to go after market, unless you just want to. I was torn between to factory P320 grip mod in small & medium and the X series grip. I most likely would have tried the WC one if it existed back then.

The optics cuts I lost track of as they kept changing stuff back then. Really I did not change much at all, because out of the box I really liked how the P320 performed.

[QUOTE=breakingtime91;1330226}
    Thanks for the info.. I was looking at barrels. I am gonna try a 3.9 I think, but read some reports about LCI barrels vs non LCI barrels. I guess the LCI mess up optics, like fog them up? Any info?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    The SIG factory barrels are plenty accurate and very well made. I would probably poke around on eBay and forums and find a non-LCI 3.9" barrel on the cheap before ordering one from SIG. There are plenty out there. I'm sorry, but I have no solid info on if SIG's LCI adversely affects the optic or not.
    Just FYI, but if you're poking around, the 320 and 250 use the same barrels.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I put together my two P320 AXG's about a year ago. They both have been totally reliable with all types of ammo and are very accurate and will out shoot my Gen 5 Glock pistols. Other than their Gray Guns triggers being a little lite for my taste for street carry, I have no regrets about them.

https://youtu.be/InQc_7ynrW4

I prefer the 3.9 Carry length slides and the WC Carry size grip, 17 round magazines. Trigger wise, it depends on what you are going to use it for. For range, GrayGuns has some good setups. I personally run the Legion Skeletonized Flat triggers in all my 320's.

Not sure what kind of accuracy problems people are having, but all of my personally owned ones, and ones I have shot have all been highly accurate.

From my last range trip top group 45 feet, bottom group 30 feet. Not sure how much more accurate it needs to be. This is also my oldest 320, 2015 production.

First rounds at 30 feet out of an X Compact I had.

Glocks aren't accurate either.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

The 320 (and 365) serialized FCU design has advantages for places like CA (if there are any other places like CA) where the selection of guns is limited by law, and guns on permits may be limited to two or three and listed by serial number.

Since moving isn't a short-term option, the adaptability has driven me to give the 320/365 platforms a serious go after being a Glock guy for decades.

The availability of different size and style grip modules has led me to pay closer attention to what shape and size of grip works best for me (XL hands), and it's relatively inexpensive to experiment with #alltheoptions .

I'm finally at the place where I shoot the 320 as accurately as my Glocks. I have another MSP class scheduled this year to see if I can nail down the dot and timing aspects of the 320 as well as with my G19.5MOS. I have another year before I re-qualify (and potentially change) my two permit guns. 365XL already easily replaced the G48, and the G19 is looking worried.

It is sometimes hard for me to justify the 15-round P320C over the 12-round P365X/L given the additional bulk, but a more consistent (hand-filling) grip and a bigger MRDS could be useful. I shoot the P365X (with BoreSight Razorback grip module and PMM Comp) as well or slightly better than the P320C. My P320 size-Large X-Carry grip module is currently at BoreSight for the Razorback mod.

User Tag List