Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone educate me on p320s?

Can someone educate me on p320s?

I picked up a m18 fcu (wanted thumb safety) for very cheap.. Now I know I'll probably end up getting a wilson grip module down the road but can anyone educate me on:

-triggers, which do people prefer and do they work with the safety
    - Tell me about the slides: 3.6, 3.9, and 4.7
    -barrels? Just go with factory?

Factory optic cuts look like a nightmare to sort out, a lot of the x series guns now have the plate infront of the rear sight which is a plus.

Congrats on finding the FCU - whenever I’ve looked for a MS version the prices are nosebleed levels.

All I can speak to here is the trigger question. I have two FCUs with the SIG flat trigger, and one with an Apex that was kindly given be by a P-F member. I like the Apex enough more that I would seriously consider changing the other two to the same.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

No expert on 320's as I only have two of them. A X-Compact with a Wilson Combat grip module, and a Legion X-Carry. My big take away is that they are not very accurate. Next to my Q5 they are like a slingshot using small pebbles trying to get a 25 yard group, and even my Glocks, any of them, shoot more accurately. On the Legion it is so bad I tried a different barrel and replaced the factory flat trigger shoe with a Grayguns slightly curved unit. The barrel swap didn't help at all, and the trigger led me to a discovery that helped somewhat. For whatever reason, I shoot the Legion much better with way more of my trigger finger, up to the knuckle.

As to options, man they have a ton of them. Scrolling through their website at frame, slide, barrel combinations is overwhelming.

As far as optics cuts, go with one that allows the use of irons. If I had to change something on the Legion, that is what it would be. My X-Compact came with suppressor height x-ray sights and direct mount Rome1 Pro, and I have to say I am quite happy with that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    *snip* My big take away is that they are not very accurate. *snip*
    That has been my experience as well. I shot a better group with my 92x DAO than I did with my P320 (I still have the targets if anyone needs photo proof).

I just placed an order for a large grip module thinking it may help. I shoot my Glock 19 with medium backstrap a lot better than I do sans backstrap, so maybe it'll help.

I've had mine for about 2 weeks so I can't really help with your questions, and to be honest - I might end up getting rid of it unless that grip module makes for a night and day difference.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

3.9” I feel is the go to if you want to use the “carry” 17 round grip module.

3.6” is a bit better balanced with the “compact” 15 round grip module. Only reason I’d go 3.9” on a compact module is if you plan to shoot irons only.

OEM barrels are excellent. Only reason not to get one is if you absolutely hate the LCI. Or you find a better deal on a quality aftermarket one.

If you plan to put a dot on it, I don’t like the slides with the removable rear sight that comes off when you mount an optic. Mostly because they all have a dumb little spring loaded LCI nub under it. Also limited cowitness options.

Factory optic cuts are a nightmare and factory slides can be a minefield. Some early slides cannot be milled because of a large recess on the underside. Eventually, the recess got smaller and those can be milled, but not as deep.

A lot of factory milled slides have no provision for a rear sight. Of those that do, some have screw holes for DPP/R1P only and some include a second set in RMR pattern.

If I was looking for a slide, I'd get a factory iron sight slide and have it milled. If you're buying used, you'll want pics of the underside. If you're buying new, they're probably up to date.

Not sure about barrels, but if you're going with an optic and can avoid a barrel with an LCI cut, it will keep the front lens a little cleaner.

I don’t care what guns people buy or carry but…,

Didn’t you just create a long thread that said due to family, time, and resources that you can only focus on the 365xl and not anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I don’t care what guns people buy or carry but…,

Didn’t you just create a long thread that said due to family, time, and resources that you can only focus on the 365xl and not anything else?
    Yup, and I still only carry one and train with my copy. No plan to switch that plan. Fcu was stupid cheap. Now I'm just curious as it will sit in the safe.

If memory serves, going back to the P250 series that the 320 evolved from, the 4.7" barrel/slide was the full sized. the 3.9" was the compact, and the 3.6" was the subcompact.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

320 X5 pistols were accurate, but they took some break in to function reliably. Sig changed that with the 320 Legion, and accuracy is poor. It is not a trigger or barrel issue, it is the slide. My wife and a number of friends, replaced their Legion slides with X5 slides, and they shoot good.

I compete with 4.7 Pro slides, have four, and they shoot fine if not Gen 5 accurate. The 3.9 and 3.6 inch slides seem fine.

The latest Pro optics cut, that has a separate rear sight dovetail, works well. CHPWS makes plates.

In many ways, the current 330 is the 2020 Glock, you can make it into whatever you want -- 3.6, 3.9, 4.7 or 5 inch slides, curved or flat trigger, thumb safety or not, 15 or 17 round mags, optic or irons.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List